Drexel Security using encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septa3371CSX1

I go to Drexel and from what I can tell there is no encryption. Everything is in the clear. Since Drexel doesn't have a police force yet, I don't see any reason why they would need encryption (unless they don't want me to hear what they're up to).

philcop

Mototrbro???????????

I Do Here Mototrbo Now On This Freq As I Checked The Fcc Site To See If Thers Any
New Users Or Modifications Of License For This Emissions.
I Did Here Drex Dispatch To A Alarm In Analog On Correct Pl Tone But Mototrbo Can Do
Analog And Tdma So Maybe If Its Them They Still Have Some Units On Analog
We Need To Find Who It Is As There Will Be More And More Of The Mototrbo Era

Phillyscanner

Has anyone monitored DU Security recently? All I get is static now. Can someone else please confirm if they can still be heard?

Thanks

Phillyscanner

Yes, I read the other posts...

A few days ago I could hear DU Security fine but now it sounds as if they are using encryption. Is there a way to confirm this either way?

The other posts are helpful but I am still confused!!

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yep, that's TRBO. Bye, Bye monitoring DU when the conversion is complete.

Dave

Well /\/\trbo is not encryption, so just pickup a radio and listen all you want. You'd have to REALLY want to listen to pay the money for a dedicated radio just for that though.

I saw a few of the mobiles at work for a temp repeater project from elsewhere in the company, and even up close they still look like ham radios and not "real" ones :lol:

Audiodave1

Database Admin
That's encouraging,
I have not looked very far into it but it appears if you acquire a radio and software there's 2 possible time slots for a channel. They have to operate on one or the other.

Dave

Septa3371CSX1

While on campus today I decided to take a listen to see what I heard and sure enough, buzz saw sound. I suppose unless I get a radio that can decode this buzz, I won't be able to listen to them anymore. It's ashame because I liked listening to their comms while I was on campus (especially when they're right in front of me). I never heard anything about new radios for Drexel Security. I know maintenance and facilities converted to Nextel years ago though. There is another channel that Drexel Security uses (451 something) as a secondary channel. I'll have to find that frequency and see if it this buzz saw crap is on that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.