adcockfred

itpp-latest.tar.bz2 100%[====================>] 1.23M 4.20MB/s in 0.3s
2020-08-06 00:00:11 (4.20 MB/s) - ‘itpp-latest.tar.bz2’ saved [1289687/1289687]
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~$ tar xjf itpp-latest.tar.bz2
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~$ ls
itpp-4.3.1 itpp-latest.tar.bz2 mbelib
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~$ cd itpp-4.3.1
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~/itpp-4.3.1$ mkdir build
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~/itpp-4.3.1$ cmake ..
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/fred" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

This message is shown once once a day. To disable it please create the
/home/fred/.hushlogin file.
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~$ winhome
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:/mnt/c/Users/freda$

Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~/itpp-4.3.1$ tar xjf itpp-latest.tar.bz2

adcockfred

Yeah, ok this is just what you eluded to. which directory was I in
now this is a fresh install of both win 10 and ubuntu

so user name on win is freda and on ubuntu fred
I put all deps in first then mbelib and then itpp but the directory was itpp-4.3.1 after expanding

adcockfred

fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~$ dpkg-query -l portaudio19-dev
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
+++-=====================-==============-============-======================================
ii portaudio19-dev:amd64 19.6.0-1build1 amd64 Portable audio I/O - development files
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~$
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~$ inxi -Fxxxrz
System: Kernel: 4.4.0-17763-Microsoft x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 5.4.0 Console: tty 1 dm: N/A
Distro: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS (Focal Fossa)
Machine: Message: No machine data: try newer kernel. Is dmidecode installed? Try -M --dmidecode.
Battery: ID-1: battery charge: 0% condition: N/A volts: N/A model: N/A type: Li-ion serial: N/A status: Full
CPU: Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-4790 bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Haswell rev: 3
L2 cache: 256 KiB
flags: avx lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 57616
Speed: 3601 MHz min/max: N/A Core speeds (MHz): 1: 3601 2: 3601 3: 3601 4: 3601 5: 3601 6: 3601 7: 3601
8: 3601
Graphics: Message: Device data requires root.
Display: server: No display server data found. Headless machine? tty: 120x30
Message: Advanced graphics data unavailable in console. Try -G --display
Audio: Message: Device data requires root.
Network: Message: Device data requires root.
IF-ID-1: eth0 state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: <filter>
IF-ID-2: eth1 state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: <filter>
IF-ID-3: wifi0 state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: <filter>
IF-ID-4: wifi1 state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: <filter>
IF-ID-5: wifi2 state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: <filter>
Drives: Local Storage: total: N/A used: 23.74 GiB
Sensors: Message: No sensors data was found. Is sensors configured?
Repos: Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list
1: deb Index of /ubuntu focal main restricted
2: deb Index of /ubuntu focal-updates main restricted
3: deb Index of /ubuntu focal universe
4: deb Index of /ubuntu focal-updates universe
5: deb Index of /ubuntu focal multiverse
6: deb Index of /ubuntu focal-updates multiverse
7: deb Index of /ubuntu focal-backports main restricted universe multiverse
8: deb Index of /ubuntu focal-security main restricted
9: deb Index of /ubuntu focal-security universe
10: deb Index of /ubuntu focal-security multiverse
Info: Processes: 5 Uptime: 2m Memory: 15.92 GiB used: 2.45 GiB (15.4%) Init: N/A v: N/A Compilers: gcc: 9.3.0
alt: 9 Shell: bash v: 5.0.17 running in: tty 1 inxi: 3.0.38
fred@DESKTOP-CD1GGLA:~$

got far into it before error
I will move over to kali and run same

adcockfred

yeah, Gary I hear you. that was the first thing lwv asked me is which doss box was I in.
so what I did was start with a fresh install of both win and ubuntu.
I coded my win home freda and ubuntu home fred
so when I opened up ubuntu and went through the sequence /mnt/c/Users/Freda should have been fred
so basically it opened me up in a win doss box not ubuntu
but all my dependencies were loaded in ubuntu
then went into win doss box and installed the executiable, so it ran from a win doss box
I whatched that vidio and I belive that is what he is doing.
opening up an ubuntu terminal from win doss box for that instance of dsd, than closes the other instances that were running on windows all along
what you think ? that is why I was asking lwv should the dependencies go in a lower directory from dsd if the command from win doss box will not go through to ubuntu bin

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
You have to have Ubuntu, or whichever Linux Distro you're going to have installed onto real hardware, or running through a virtual machine. Running it from the Windows Store, using WSL, Windows Subsystem for Linux, isn't going to work. Since there are countless videos on youtube showing people how to install Linux in VirtualBox and on real hardware, I'm not going to walk you through that, BUT

What I would do, IF IT WERE ME, I would install Ubuntu (or Kali) on one of those spare computers you say you have.

It is possible to run some graphical (GUI) applications (such as Mozilla Firefox) by installing an X11 server within the Windows (host) environment (such as VcXsrv or Xming),[29] although not without caveats, such as the lack of audio support or hardware acceleration (resulting in poor graphics performance). Support for OpenCL and CUDA is also not being implemented currently, although planned for future releases.[30][31]

adcockfred

Oh, i see what the problem is you do not know what i am trying to do, and there is only one video on that.
would you hit me on my e-mail , my user name at yahoo or g-mail so i can explain

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Oh, i see what the problem is you do not know what i am trying to do, and there is only one video on that.
would you hit me on my e-mail , my user name at yahoo or g-mail so i can explain

You know, I've looked back over this thread several times, and I don't think I could ever figure out exactly what you were trying to do.

I do keep coming back to one question though. If you ware running this under Windows 10, then, why don't you just use the free version of DSDplus? Its already compiled and easier to launch, has more users and by extension, more people who can help you use it and more general support you can search through, more tutorials, etc.

And you'll have to forgive me if I don't email you, that's just a little bit further than I'm willing to go in order to try to help.

adcockfred

Ok in szechyjs video and remember there is only one video on this. that i really can not post on this thread,
hint hint nod nod wink wink.

adcockfred

So i am going to take your advice and foregit about wls and move on to gygwin 32 bit they say to use for dmr.
He run 2 instances of dsd , one windows and the second in linux, then after decoding the frames , he shuts off the dsd in win and runs dsd in linux.
just search for the video , it is only 3 months old

adcockfred

but your the man, but he is running cygwin
so now i just have to straighten out all those paths
problem is i gotta burn to free
port flats tonight
Gary is in on this too

adcockfred

just looking for that number between 1 and 32878 or is it 787 well whichever
i had harmon in the loop before the crup started, but he has not been on the air sence
batdude was in galveston co last month

adcockfred

Now that is interesting David Bombal says run the latest ubuntu 20.04 on 2004 win 10. It supports WLS2. No translation layer between os's. He is just enabling linux sub sys and vm no hyper -v. 6-11-20 video. So that will allow a kernal to be installed on the linux sys and will come with audio drivers.

gary123

LOL Slicer:

FYI for everyone there is no code for decoding BP. The author is very clear that its not there and that he has no plans to release it he did it as an intellectual challenge. Lets respect his decision and not pester him about it. If your going to attempt that then you are further ahead to use a different approach. My interest is more on the CC data and affiliation/hand off packets but I digress.

V1.8.2 (windows) was built using cygwin. This directly from the author. The problem is like linux builds cygwin needs to execute a series of commands in the correct sequence. Figuring out the commands is where im having issues. I have done some reading on building the original DSD v1.7.0 But so far I m still getting hit with error after error on builds. I am using the latest 32 bit cygwin. All indications are that it should be able to compile the code with no additional dependencies. Also building in 32 or 64 bit should be identical as cygwin 32 or 64 bit creates the proper 'maps' for the 64/32 as it compiles.

Since his release of 1.8.2 there have been a few minor improvements in the source code . I want to include those updates in by build.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
You know, maybe I'm missing something here, but the version of DSD from szechyjs is 1.70-dev. Are we talking about some other version/fork/variant of this version of DSD, or about DSDcc from https://github.com/f4exb/dsdcc or something else altogether? Might be a good idea to post a link to the project you are trying to compile from source code, just to see if we are on the same page here.

adcockfred

Yeah, those prompts were cygwin, but i am awake now Got cygwin 32 bits built last night with dependencies.
Regardless burning to freeport flats tonight, to be continued. Back to HF !

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
good point here is the link to the source code.

I'm definitely not the Windows guru, but can you use the pre-compiled binaries, or are these out of date? They are linked in the wiki section of that github you provided. DSD – 1GénieSup

If not, then maybe somebody will come along who knows more about compiling with cygwin.

thewraith2008

For compiling DSD in Windows for Windows using Cygwin, I posted detailed instructions for building DSD 1.7 awhile ago, see here (was for the szechyjs version but will also work for LouisErigHerve version)

Status
Not open for further replies.