DSDPlus DSD+ FL Update 2p235

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
ok, finally got it to extract using 7zip and using my december passworf, but now when i try to open FMPA-CC i get an windows error say,

"this app can't run on your PC" to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Ok, finally got everything working. This is what I did,

1. unplugged the Airspy's and reconnected the USB cables

2. copied the P235 from their download folder to the DSDPlus directory

boy what a accumulation of errors it seems on my part. Over and OUT!

maxthered

The password of the 2.212 was different from that of the 2.228, unfortunately the last one I deleted and the old one is not good.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok, finally got everything working. This is what I did,

1. unplugged the Airspy's and reconnected the USB cables

2. copied the P235 from their download folder to the DSDPlus directory

boy what a accumulation of errors it seems on my part. Over and OUT!

When they release an update you're supposed to unarchive the entirety of the archive into your DSDPlus folder. Do you just selectly copy over things? I was going to say that it sounded like it just wasn't seeing your Airspy, but people get offended when I say things like that so I sometimes avoid doing so. Glad you got it working.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The password of the 2.212 was different from that of the 2.228, unfortunately the last one I deleted and the old one is not good.

Don't delete them :) If you use a decent email service, you never have to delete them and can just move them to a handy folder for safe keeping forever. And, i forget who, but one person suggested that ya just use OneDrive (free storage with Win10) to store all the versions. And that too is an excellent idea.

In your case I think are going to have to reach out to dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com.

Mike

vince48

Premium Subscriber
When they release an update you're supposed to unarchive the entirety of the archive into your DSDPlus folder. Do you just selectly copy over things? I was going to say that it sounded like it just wasn't seeing your Airspy, but people get offended when I say things like that so I sometimes avoid doing so. Glad you got it working.

Mike

No problem, normally i do copy to the DSDPlus folder, but i thought I had did that. I guess from all the try's and re-try's I thought I did. Not offended, I will be the village idiot for today :

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
No problem, normally i do copy to the DSDPlus folder, but i thought I had did that. I guess from all the try's and re-try's I thought I did. Not offended, I will be the village idiot for today :

LOL. Finally, somebody with a sense of humor. Seriously, glad you got it working.

Mike

cg

Premium Subscriber
The issue I almost had is that the check for updates now or the automatically update program runs from DSDPlus folder and downloads it to there. When you unzip it, it creates the files and overwrites the old ones. If however, you don't have the correct password, it leaves the files with 0k, essentially useless.
I did finally find my December email and that password worked.

If you haven't overwritten your files yet. Don't try without backing all the files up or moving the zip file to a different folder first.

Also, according to the Notes file, there are no new functions in the programs, Various cleanup and bug fixes.

chris

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why mine is different; I'm in a hotel in Boulder, Colorado and I cannot download the update either via my saved links or from within the application; keeps failing for me. I've tried with and without a a few VPN connections as well. Oh well, I guess I have to wait until I return home to try downloading it. Thanks for all the reports confirming the download is working; rather strange...

vince48

Premium Subscriber
my experience was after i opened DSDPlus and it notified me that their was a new update, I clicked yes, but it did not show up in my DSDPlus folder until sometime later. Give it a little time then check your folder.

DRL-XM43

my experience was after i opened DSDPlus and it notified me that their was a new update, I clicked yes, but it did not show up in my DSDPlus folder until sometime later. Give it a little time then check your folder.

Well I just received the usual update e-mail with the download link and password so all is well. I expect everyone else will too.

Thank you all who tried to help -it is appreciated.

jets1961

I got mine to work with 2p228 password. I have multiple DSDPlus folders copied and pasted to each, good to go.

I think I saw something the other night in here, will look again. How do you close the DSDp window now? ESC does not work, but in the tuner window (FMP24) the ESC will still close window. I thought I saw something about "keyboard" in a thread. Looking now.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I got mine to work with 2p228 password. I have multiple DSDPlus folders copied and pasted to each, good to go.

I think I saw something the other night in here, will look again. How do you close the DSDp window now? ESC does not work, but in the tuner window (FMP24) the ESC will still close window. I thought I saw something about "keyboard" in a thread. Looking now.

Just enable the hotkeys in the menu if you want to use ESC. Misc --> Enable Keyboard Commands.

Or with your mouse click on the top-right corner X on the Event Log screen.

jets1961

Thanks mtindor.

I looked in that menu but missed it, many thanks. Liking this new version so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.