DSD Plus 2.296

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5RGP

got the notification when i started dsd today that new update was available been a few months since ive been home so not sure when update came out
i told it to download it it said it did but i cant find it anywhere
where is the default folder it would have put zip file in
thanks

W5RGP

that's what i thought too but i run dsd from a dsd folder on my desktop
anyone know the file name of that zip i can do a search

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
It's password protected, I've had to do it a few times to get it to show up, it usually zips it in the update folder, of the current dsdplus folder u have, should have dsdplus2p296

kruser

Premium Subscriber
that's what i thought too but i run dsd from a dsd folder on my desktop
anyone know the file name of that zip i can do a search
The icon on your desktop is probably a shortcut.
Right click the icon you start DSD+ with and select properties. Then pay attention to the Target field. It should list the path to your DSD+ folder.
Also look at the next line down which will be Start in:. If the Start in path is different then the Target path, look where it points also.

Under Control Panel/File Explorer Options, click the View tab and make sure Hide Extensions for known file types is not checked so you will see the full filename including its extension. This should point you to the location of the zip file that was downloaded.
Don't use Windows explorer to open the zip file as it won't handle the needed password.
Use Winzip or Winrar or similar like 7Zip to uncompress the file with your password that you hopefully saved. If you didn't save the password, email the author at the address in one of the readme text files and they will email your password to you. Send the email to them from the same email address you used when you purchased the Fastlane version.
I create a txt file in Notepad with my serial number and keep a copy in my DSDPlus folder as well as in the My Documents folder.

W5RGP

i moved the folder to the root of c:\ and it downloaded into the folder
guess ill keep it there lol

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What dongle are you using? I saw a reported crash with an airspy so I have been holding off on the update.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I updated to 2.296. But now every time I launch it, it gives me the "new version is available" message, and asks if I want to download it. When I say yes, it downloads and overwrites the previous 2.296 zipped file. But it's still just version 2.296. Somehow it doesn't see that I have already installed 2.296.

ALSO: when I try to run FMPP, I get the error, "Required File "msvcr90.dll" failed checksum test".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.