DSD Plus Win XP support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enCrypt

Hi All,

I think the latest (publicly released) version of DSD+ supports Windows XP, but does anyone know if the authors are planning to drop support for XP in future versions?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to get it working better on a small netbook as it is nice and portable.
The netbook currently has Windows 7 installed but I'm planning on installing a cut down version of XP (using nLite) to decrease the resource usage from the OS itself, hopefully making DSD+ perform better...

But its pointless me doing this if XP support is going to dropped!

Thanks
enCrypt...

enCrypt

Hi, thanks for the confirmation that XP will still be supported. (I took it as a confirmation anyway!)
I've been working on getting XP and DSD+ 1.0.74 setup on my little netbook the last couple of days.
I can report that its working MUCH better now, only using about 40% CPU instead of almost 100% full time with Win7.

Thanks
enCrypt

slicerwizard

With Win7 (and higher?), turning off "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" eliminates the excessive CPU consumption on low power processors. It's under Performance Options / Visual Effects.

enCrypt

Hi, thanks for that.
I've worked in IT for the last 15yrs so I already know all the tweaks! ;)

The netbook / Atom CPU just wasn't powerful enough to run Win 7 and DSD+ (and FMP) altogether without major sound corruption on voice decodes.

Now I've got it running XP (after cutting out lots of stuff I don't need with nLite) its running like a charm :D

Thanks,
Mark...

Status
Not open for further replies.