DSD+ Private Call Lock Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to a Con+ trunk system today and one of the users was involved in a motor vehicle crash. The unit switched over to Private Call to talk to the dispatcher. DSD+ picked that up fine, but I wasn't all that interested so I tried to lock out the conversation. There is apparently no way to do that, all I could do decrease the priority, which in practical terms had no effect.

I didn't check to see if I could lock out the individual UID, but I don't think DSD+ allows that, just TG lock out.

Has anyone else seen this? It would be a nice feature to have, but I don't know if it's feasible.

slicerwizard

How about setting all radio priorities to a low value (like 90) and then setting the monitoring threshold to a higher value (like 50). Or just set all radio priority overrides to L/O. Should be easy to do a search/replace all in the .radios file with Notepad.

EarHoles

problem i have is i cant switch over / select a private. im aware i can move to priority to high but i dont always want to hear it. very odd. using lastest fastrack

TheButcher

Open "DSDPlus.radios" and change the "radio" "override" to "L/O" and save the txt file. I did this manually for a certain company. But I had to do this manually... Removing "L/O" is the reverse of this process...

garys

Premium Subscriber
I just looked at the .radios file. There are several individual radios locked out, but I didn't lock them out by editing the file. Somehow, I managed to lock them out in the Event console window. Still don't know how I did that, but there are several there.

Weird.

How about setting all radio priorities to a low value (like 90) and then setting the monitoring threshold to a higher value (like 50). Or just set all radio priority overrides to L/O. Should be easy to do a search/replace all in the .radios file with Notepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.