SDR# DSD+ SDR# conflicts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonlywolf65

I am currently running DSD+ with success thanks to the helpfull crew here...
M current issue is trying to run SDR# with a 2nd RTL SDR dongle?? I have the current ver. 1780 installed. When I try to run SDR# I need to choose a SDR from the options.... The only RTL avail to choose is the RTL-TCP.... problem is when I open SDR# and hit play I get an error...

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    182.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    132.1 KB · Views: 28

lonlywolf65

I do have DSD+ all set up( Thanks to the helpfull crew here) but not running when I try SDR. I do have 2 RTL SDR dongles avail on the pc.
It seems there is a com port issue...... This is a new topic for me so will read my replies and hopefully learn some new tricks...
My goal is to be able to use this pc for both DSD+ and SDR# (not at same time) unless that is possible but not getting into that now.
Any and all replies are greatly appreciated....!!! thanks Dave......

mattwillson

If you're not seeing an RTL-SDR (USB) option under source I wonder if it isn't a driver issue. Try rerunning Zadig, under options check 'List All Devices' and uncheck 'Ignore Hubs or Composite Parents'. Reinstall driver. I'm just guessing here so no guarantee.

mattwillson

But did you check 'List All Devices' and uncheck 'Ignore Hubs or Composite Parents'...

morfis

Why are you using TCP to connect to an rtl device plugged into your PC via USB?

DSD+ uses audio - what is providing the audio for it?

lonlywolf65

Well SDR# opened and ran good now to get used to the new layout.... ???? I get audio response from SDR telling me various info... Kinda spooked me wasnt ready for it.... Where is the off or mute button???lol would be nice to be able to toggle easy?

lonlywolf65

Morfis to answer your TCP ? at one point I used a virtual cable for unitrunker.. not a clue if that has anything to do with this or not? I thought of it but didnt go digging around to much because I do not fully understand the details of it

KC7BYY

I think I know what the problem is. In sdr#, when you select source, you actually are setting the source type. Next, you have to select which dongle to use. Select the wheel icon to select which dongle. It gets confusing with window naming of the dongle but you must take note is it 0 or 1. You’ll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.