DSD+ Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boatanchor

Both versions of DSD have been a fun ride. I still find myself using the original for P25 decoding though. The person that discovered that using the -f1 -mg options on the command line (although they aren't in line with the actual protocol) for better decoding hit the nail on the head. DSD+ has been amazingly good for decoding DMR and NXDN voice when using just an RTL dongle and SDRSharp.

This one looks like a "funner" ride. I hope the P25 will be improved; betting it will be. :D

Thanks!

Fantastic news :)

I believe that I was the one that pointed out the -f1 -mg options for Phase1 in the original DSD.
And for what it's worth, I still prefer the P25 phase 1 audio of the original DSD over DSD+.

If the DSD+ developers can address the poor dynamic range (overly compressed) characteristic of the decoded audio and maybe even add a little audio bandwidth filtering/adjustment in DSD+, I'm sure that would go a long way towards addressing the difference between the two packages.

Looking forward to the new release.

joeuser

The Wretched
This looks fantastic! I use DSD+ 24/7 on a P25p1 system & it works great, only break it takes is once a week during a reboot. One issue with the current version. I cannot seem to toggle off recording. Either its one big file or it divides them into smaller files. I'd rather not have it record at all...

Regardless, love your software with Unitrunker - its so simple & easy to get working & runs well on my old systems. This update looks outstanding! I'd be up for testing!

dewjava

DSD+ Mega Download

No matter which browser I am using, I am getting a timeout when trying to download the DSD.zip. Can you point me to a better location to get DSD+?

Thanks,
Dewey

deboe

One issue with the current version. I cannot seem to toggle off recording. Either its one big file or it divides them into smaller files. I'd rather not have it record at all...

I believe in dsdplus you can pass a
Code:
-O nul
and it will not record any files.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Being new to this, please help me understand what that means, do I need to add something to the radio or software?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

joeuser

The Wretched
Being new to this, please help me understand what that means, do I need to add something to the radio or software?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

In a nutshell, you take ur source, Unitrunker for me (could be a scanner that's tapped) and feed that source to DSD+ and it decodes (not decrypts) the signal out to intelligible speech.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't understand. The topic is DSD+ screenshots. A very vague topic for open discussion about DSD+.
So what is the topic suppose to be? What are we suppose to be discussing then? There wasn't a question asked and no one was asking for advice.
First, please don't hijack a thread to address a moderator. This is against our rules since it disrupts the thread and is covered in the forum in the link in my signature.

The posts in question were deleted so don't worry about it. The topic for this thread is about the status of DSD+ and the forthcoming features. Not begging or complaining for what it doesn't do. We should be grateful we have this incredible software without the need to run Linux or do any compiling.

If you have any further questions please contact a moderator directly, not in a thread.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes, you'll need to be handy with a soldering iron as you need to be attaching wires to specific parts of the circuit board and bring them out to an audio connector.

If you have further questions I would recommend asking in the RadioShack forum. This is not a project for someone new to electronics.

If anyone has questions not specific to the upcoming features I would recommend reading the original DSD+ thread here, searching this forum or creating a new thread. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.