DSD+ Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF6ORX

Premium Subscriber
Victory!

Cypherstream,

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I completely forgot about the "Listen" check box on the VB Cable recording tab. Once checked I now get both unencoded analog and encoded ProVoice audio seamlessly from the speakers. Surprisingly, there is no distortion of the DSD+ decoded output at all.

I would have expected that I would have heard digital stuff superimposed on the DSD+ output. It may be because I have the "Let the application take complete control of this device" unchecked in VB Cable properties. I checked it and briefly listened and yes it sounded like DSD+ output was being drowned out by the digital signal. The opposite of what would be expected. Anyway it works thanks to your tip.

Have any idea why the DSD+ ProVoice Channel and Event windows don't work?

KF6ORX

KF6ORX

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker ---DSD+

Shameless plug:

If you have a receiver that accepts computer control and passes discriminator audio to the computer - Unitrunker can split the audio into two paths - a digital one that you can forward to DSD(+) and an analog one you can pass on to your speakers. I assume you're listening to an EDACS system.

As you can see from my postings on this forum I have been using SDR# to drive DSD+ via a virtual cable. Now that's done and I will turn my attention back to Unitrunker. The problem with Unitrunker is the ambiguity in the Signal and Voice menus. It's hard to tell what applies to one or the other receiver since both menus are identical. As you told me previously, Chase is only applicable to the Signal receiver but it also appears on the Voice menu. Again, as you told me previously the Decode Panel is really a Protocol Detect Panel as Unitrunker does not decode anything and detected protocols are never displayed on this panel for the Voice receiver.

If I wanted to send digital data to DSD+ but have voice data sent to the speakers would I do that on the Signal or Voice menu or a mixture of both?

KF6ORX

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
ProVoice activity likely just hasn't been added to DSD+ at this point. PV isn't used a whole lot anymore (in comparison to other formats) and was likely low on the priority list. Plus, the team likely needs samples with known data that can be analyzed.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm going to close this thread. For anyone requiring assistance with DSD+ please create your own thread. We're trying to get away from massively large general threads that vaguely adhere to a topic and have various different ongoing tangent discussions.

When a new version of DSD+ comes out it will garner its own thread.

If you have questions about DSD+ then please make sure to search this forum first, and especially this thread with it being 400+ posts. Some of you may not like this being closed but we're only trying to make sure your question or informational post is more visible to the rest of the members. Think new thread and not reply, reply, reply.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.