DSD+ v2.448 2 1/2 questions

merlin

Which to start with ?
> I monitor a local P25 p1 system sitting on the control channel, somtimes the CC gets lost, what is odd is searching for the CC it only searces the voice channel
that dropped the CC. Not until another call on that particular VC will it find the CC again. sometimes this can be a long time.

>LRRP: I have been opening this after the fact, scanning a system. The console and map open fine, but I get zero points loaded and no activity at all.
I know I am doing something wrong here but don't know what. Any input ?

>I tried opening the data window and I get nothing irregardless of scanning on several sites. The DSD text doc has been no help.

Any suggestions ?
TNX

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
> I monitor a local P25 p1 system sitting on the control channel, somtimes the CC gets lost, what is odd is searching for the CC it only searces the voice channel
that dropped the CC. Not until another call on that particular VC will it find the CC again. sometimes this can be a long time.

Check that you have CC Hunt on and check the CC Hunt Dwell times.

1702126248918.png

>LRRP: I have been opening this after the fact, scanning a system. The console and map open fine, but I get zero points loaded and no activity at all.

If you see anything like this at all in the Event window, then chances are the actual LRRP data is being broadcast over a freq that's not part of the site. This is from a Cap+ and not a P25 system.

1702061959593-png.152662

If you see something like this, and nothing is happening in LRRP map window, then something could be wrong. Post your LRRP.cfg

1702062173291-png.152664

If your opening LRRP after the fact, it will read the Event file. Open your lrrp.cfg and set max age to 48 hours or something that guarantees its going to look for data when you were scanning.

134 159 ; first line must be map window origin
768 1024 ; second line must be map window height and width
15 ; third line must be font height
15 ; fourth line must be map zoom level (0-18)
3152585 2490678 ; fifth line must be encoded map center
. ; sixth line must be path to OSM map data files
. ; seventh line must be path to DSD+ LRRP data file
miles ; eighth line must be miles or kilometers
48 hours ; ninth line must be maximum data age

And like @DaveNF2G asked, are you seeing any lines in the Event window that indicate LRRP? Think it will only be purple if window is using default color scheme.

merlin

Check that you have CC Hunt on and check the CC Hunt Dwell times.

View attachment 152717

If you see anything like this at all in the Event window, then chances are the actual LRRP data is being broadcast over a freq that's not part of the site. This is from a Cap+ and not a P25 system.

1702061959593-png.152662

If you see something like this, and nothing is happening in LRRP map window, then something could be wrong. Post your LRRP.cfg

1702062173291-png.152664

If your opening LRRP after the fact, it will read the Event file. Open your lrrp.cfg and set max age to 48 hours or something that guarantees its going to look for data when you were scanning.

And like @DaveNF2G asked, are you seeing any lines in the Event window that indicate LRRP? Think it will only be purple if window is using default color scheme.
I do have hunt checked and dwell at .75 seconds. Result is sitting on a voice channel not assigned and the lines just tick away untill the voice channel becomes active again. Then CC found.
As for the LRRP, there is nothing anywhere, and I know state police have GPS (P25 system) and know there are a couple users on Nexedge48 sites with GPS enabled.
Max age is currently 7 days.

Last edited:

merlin

I did locate one Nexedge48 frequency, IDs as CB data. I'll sit on that a while and see whats up.