dsdplus fastlane and sdr sharp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
I assume you are using UT V1 in which case the bar is green on a solid signal, yellow not so good, red forget about it. Make sure your ppm correction is right for the dongles, UT "window" should be as close to zero as possible.

Make sure WIN playback has the speakers of the computer as default, make sure recording has vb cable as default (you should never have to change these after).

Once these are set then DSD+ knows what to do, don't start either programs until these defaults are set in Win.

In UT VI set the analog output to speakers and the digital to vb-cable.

These are samples using a single dongle set up, 1 vfo for signal and 2 for voice.

I'm using V1. I'll change Playback back to speakers, recording is set to vb cable. The DSD+ scope is indicating the presence of audio, just need to get it to the speaker.

Analog is set to speakers and digital to vb-cable now. I'm using two dongles, one for control channel and one for voice. I'll duplicate your setup and see how things go.

Thanks.

jbeen

Feed Provider
Could you post the full text output when you first launch DSD+ ?

Specifically, the audio input / audio output section?
Could be something simple there that needs tweaked.

Don't give up, yet - I agree, you're close. :)

Josh

jbeen

Feed Provider
You bet. In the DOS looking window (Command Prompt), right-click and select "Mark". Then, highlight/select the text and press Enter on the keyboard to copy it to the copy/paste buffer.
Or, when you right-click, choose the "Select All" option and Enter to copy.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Copy/paste worked great.

DSD+ 1.101pt
DSDPlus -h for help summary

Appending synthesized audio to file 'DSDPlus.wav'
0 frequency records loaded
0 radio records loaded
0 group records loaded
0 site records loaded
0 network records loaded

audio input device #1 = 'CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual '
audio input device #2 = 'Line In (IDT High Definition Au'
audio input device #3 = 'Microphone (IDT High Definition'
audio input device #4 = 'Stereo Mix (IDT High Definition'

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers / HP (IDT High Definit'
audio output device #2 = 'CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual C'
audio output device #3 = 'Communications Headphones (IDT '

audio input device #1 (CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual ) initialized
audio output device #1 (Speakers / HP (IDT High Definit) initialized

D-STAR decoding enabled
NXDN4800 decoding enabled
NXDN9600 decoding enabled
DMR/MotoTRBO decoding enabled
P25 Phase 1 decoding enabled
X2-TDMA decoding enabled
ProVoice decoding enabled

Mono audio decoding initiated; press Esc to exit...

rhinosmirk

Got one dongle working with sdr sharp and dsd. So I am able to decode digital one channel at a time. When you installed your second dongle did it automatically download the drivers or did you have to use Zadig again?

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
I powered up UT with both dongles installed and when I ran Zadig it must have loaded drivers for both. I would think either way, once you run Zadig to install a driver it should work for both, but that's just me.

I am getting spurts of audio now from my laptop speakers but it is more robotic sounds, not clear speech. The health on my voice receiver rarely exhibits anything, mostly stays at zero while the signal receiver has health above 70 most of the time. RSSI looks to be the same on both.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Watching my signal color on UT it stays red most of the time, going yellow when I get the voice spurts so I need to do something there to improve my signal, both control receiver and voice receiver. I'm running a Diamond SRH77CA on the control channgel and an 8" collapsible on the voice receiver. Tried a Nagoya 77 on the voice receiver and that made things worse.

I need dedicated 800 mhz antennas before I can continue with my project.

slicerwizard

I powered up UT with both dongles installed and when I ran Zadig it must have loaded drivers for both. I would think either way, once you run Zadig to install a driver it should work for both, but that's just me.

I am getting spurts of audio now from my laptop speakers but it is more robotic sounds, not clear speech. The health on my voice receiver rarely exhibits anything, mostly stays at zero while the signal receiver has health above 70 most of the time. RSSI looks to be the same on both.
Since you're running UT, I'm going to assume you're monitoring a P25 trunk. If so, just run the 1R and FMP24-CC batch files that come with DSD+ Fast Lane. No UT, no VB-Cable.

rhinosmirk

Since you're running UT, I'm going to assume you're monitoring a P25 trunk. If so, just run the 1R and FMP24-CC batch files that come with DSD+ Fast Lane. No UT, no VB-Cable.
I tried all ports 20001-20009 and no connection to TCP. How can I move my rtl-SDR to an available port? Or how can I find which port it is on

Joe_Blough

I use SDR# and VB cable with a dongle and then just start DSD+ to decode DMR. Never got the DSD plugin for SDR# to work, despite DSD+ working fine with SDR# when I just start each program by themself. I also use Unitrunker and DSD+ with 2 dongles when I want to trunk track.

I had a hard time at first like you. Found several little things would cause it not to work like the volume control in SDR# set to high or too low (causing too high or low level signal beibg sent to DSD) or any audio or IF filters enabled. Just played around with it over an hour or two here and there over the course of a week trying different things as searching for help and You Tube videos didn't help after following them to find out what to initially download and set up.

The dongles and free software are a bargain for what they do don't throw the dongle away.

Last edited:

rhinosmirk

Your RTL device doesn't use a port. Fix the FMP24 error. Usually, Zadig hasn't been properly run.
Ok changed driver and now fmp24 opens a wave shape window tuned to 99.9 fm radio all garbled. Set fmp24-cc to 471.900 and saved but keeps going back to 99.9, so that’s one problem. 1r still can’t connect,another problem, and at end of dos window it says No frequency data files found I’m kinda getting there but still very lost.

slicerwizard

Just enter the CC frequency in the FMP24 spectrum window. Usually, Windows Firewall asks if you want to allow FMP24 to act as a server - you have to allow it. You don't need frequency files.

rhinosmirk

Just enter the CC frequency in the FMP24 spectrum window. Usually, Windows Firewall asks if you want to allow FMP24 to act as a server - you have to allow it. You don't need frequency files.
Ok thanks for all your help sorry I wasted your time but this is all way beyond my computer skills I’m just going to order a trx1 and be done with it Thanks again!

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks for all your help sorry I wasted your time but this is all way beyond my computer skills I’m just going to order a trx1 and be done with it Thanks again!

Look at it as an excellent opportunity to hone your skills. Hell, I’m 70 years young and enjoy the learning process. In the interest of transparency I do have a TRX1 so immediate gratification is not a consideration.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Watching my signal color on UT it stays red most of the time, going yellow when I get the voice spurts so I need to do something there to improve my signal, both control receiver and voice receiver. I'm running a Diamond SRH77CA on the control channgel and an 8" collapsible on the voice receiver. Tried a Nagoya 77 on the voice receiver and that made things worse.

I need dedicated 800 mhz antennas before I can continue with my project.

One thing left to adjust is receiver gain. How high can I run the gain setting without creating other problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.