dsdplus fastlane bad audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site is only a few miles from me at 1,200ft on a 100ft tower I can see it from my back yard. My ERR rates are mostly 1 or 2 jump to 10 every once and awhile.

EarHoles

that does not sound that bad,
Can you show a screenshot of your FMP24 with a signal,
Could simply be a gain issue.
Is only P25 decoding checked? if you have all formats selected it could sound worse which is under Decoder toolbar.

CanesFan95

That first recording sounds way better than what I get. Especially on Phase II, forget it. Transmissions that break up a lot even with a nice strong signal no matter what you try.

air-scan

I recommend SDRTrunk for Phase I and II and Unitrunker v2 for the larger sites. DSD+ FL isn't what it was cracked up to be in the beginning. As time progresses and I do know that the APCO line of code will have native updates DSD Unitrunker and SDRTrunk won't get and have to keep reverse engineering the voice protocol. I suspect systems that do update make it harder for the software we use.

Why do I say this?

Th OP apparently has a good quality signal and I hear the DSD+FL stutters. That leaves us with the native voice codec being changed in ways no one is being told about out side of Systems IT.

Why isn't the decoders in DSD+ FL being updated? It's been a long time.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Why isn't the decoders in DSD+ FL being updated? It's been a long time.
Because they already got the money! They already have RR providing customer support for them. All they got to do is sit back and coast, do the important stuff, like FMPx direct linking, little moderate changes, make it look like they are busy. They haven't even updated their website since 2018 and haven't even provided a fully tested public release since Dec 25, 2015, even though they directly state they would provide one approximately every six months.

air-scan

I'm using FMP24-CC it's doing auto gain is their anyway to disable it?
good luck with that on a phase II tdma system. There isn't any gain setting that fixes it. Its DSD FL decoder not having everything due to reverse engineering. It just has enough coding from the reverse engineering to work at a baseline level.

cg

Premium Subscriber
There is no auto gain. Auto centering, yes but no auto gain.
Gain settings default to max gain. You can adjust the gain by using g/G in the FMP window. Once you get the gain you want, you can set it in your FMP24 bat file by using the command -g<num>

chris

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Like @cg says, bring the gain down. Your much closer to a tower than I am and with that said, I do not see any errors when I am listening to calls. Is your ppm correction for the dongle set properly or set to auto?

CanesFan95

good luck with that on a phase II tdma system. There isn't any gain setting that fixes it. Its DSD FL decoder not having everything due to reverse engineering. It just has enough coding from the reverse engineering to work at a baseline level.

What does that mean?

a417

What does that mean?
It means the people that created the TDMA standard aren't the ones who wrote DSD FL+.

The people who wrote FL are reverse engineering something (nearly) blindly and that means you will not have all the bells and whistles for a long time, if ever.

Like @cg says, bring the gain down. Your much closer to a tower than I am and with that said, I do not see any errors when I am listening to calls. Is your ppm correction for the dongle set properly or set to auto?

I can see the tower from my back window. Were do I config ppm at? I'm new to dsdplusfastlane i'm using FMP24-CC

cg

Premium Subscriber
P/p
Try the following to create a help document. Put it in a batch file and run it every new version. I like to print the text file after.
DSDPlus -h >DSDPlus_help.txt
Also, you can replace the "DSDPlus" with "FMP24" or "FMPA" to generate a help file for those programs.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.