DSDPlus - Network Repater Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
You should then see a CC.log file in the same directory as your DSDPlus. You'll want to make sure you have your operating system set up so that it shows extensions. Windows likes to, by default, hide file extensiosn from files which can often make it difficult to identify them at a glimpse.

If you find the CC.log, open it in notepad as well.

Mike

i have my folder and files to see the extensions and hidden files, but i do not see any CC.log file. I mean i searched current DSDplus folder, user folder. No CC.log, I wonder here it my be at?

vince48

Premium Subscriber
That command probably makes DSDPlus overwrite the CC.log file every time it is executed.

If you want to keep the log file going across sessions, then that should probably be changed to >>CC.log

The double sign means "append".

Thanks Dave, i add the > tonight when i get home. looks like this system doesn't send the network information continuously. i will keep trying until i see it again in the event window.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Dave, i add the > tonight when i get home. looks like this system doesn't send the network information continuously. i will keep trying until i see it again in the event window.

No system sends it 24/7. That's the thing. If you are lucky enough to run across it and are using DSDPlus, you can snag that info. Timing is everything, and you never know when the maintainers have set things up to broadcast that info. You may never have the opportunity to get that information again -- it's all about luck.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
How often are network maps generated? Would they be broadcast on certain intervals?

I can only see that out of all my monitoring of one local large system, they seem to only do it overnight / on weekends. And when I purposefully try to look out for it occurring each evening, I've been unsuccessful.

So I'm guessing that they could set it to happen at intervals, or that they could set it to never happen unless manually initiated by the sysadmin.

I can't say for sure though.

Mike

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
So, I have set up my computer to append to my CC.log file. I have the ability to set this up for 24/7 and I am monitoring a very active system that is creating very large log files.

Is there a way in the CC.bat file to generate a new file daily with an appended date or must I manually create the file ?

Since the event log states "network repeater map written to console log file", is there specific verbiage that I can search for in the CC.log file, so that I don't have to page through all of the standard daily activity ?

Thanks,

slicerwizard

So, I have set up my computer to append to my CC.log file. I have the ability to set this up for 24/7 and I am monitoring a very active system that is creating very large log files.

Is there a way in the CC.bat file to generate a new file daily with an appended date or must I manually create the file ?
None that I've seen.

Since the event log states "network repeater map written to console log file", is there specific verbiage that I can search for in the CC.log file, so that I don't have to page through all of the standard daily activity ?
Repeater Map. Straight out of the change log...

vince48

Premium Subscriber

yep, mine was 435,867 kb, and that was a few hours. the file shows no time or date. I should have expected this coming from the CC

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber

yep, mine was 435,867 kb, and that was a few hours. the file shows no time or date. I should have expected this coming from the CC

Actually you should expect it, simply add "-T" to the DSD+ command string, it adds a timestamp to the terminal log & terminal window.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The Con+ repeater map would be a good example of that. It lists every site in the network and every repeater channel LCN, color code, input frequency and output frequency used at each site. It also includes a channel definition text block that can be copied directly to your DSDPlus.frequencies file; that gives DSD+ the info it needs to trunk track any site in the network. It's all explained in the change log for v2.29.

The change file says,

"Con+ OTA frequency file decoding has been added; if a site is broadcasting a frequency file, DSD+ will decode it and write its contents to the console log; DSD+ will also write a text block that can be copied directly to the DSDPlus.frequencies file; "

Would the "repeater map written to console log file" message show up without any switches? Like if I just launched dsdplus.exe and fed it from sdrsharp?

Or would I need to make a bat like, DSDPlus -i3 -rc -E -t > dsdpluslog.txt ?

I have a few con+ systems and am trying to know if the site did broadcast the map, if by whatever way dsd was launched, if it would display?

Thanks

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The OTA frequency file is a feature of Con+ systems that allows the system operator to update radios over-the-air. When the system operator modifies the Network Frequency File for their system by changing site or frequency information, they can update radios over-the-air instead of staging hundreds of radios back to the shop for reprogramming.

The system operator can dedicate a timeslot on one repeater at a site to transmit the OTA frequency file over and over for a defined period of time. A radio listening to the site compares the version number of the file being sent with the file in the radio, and will download the file if it is newer.

73 Eric

slicerwizard

Would the "repeater map written to console log file" message show up without any switches? Like if I just launched dsdplus.exe and fed it from sdrsharp?
A while back, I caught a system sending its network map and recorded the raw audio. On playback, with no logging, I get "Network repeater map NOT written to console log file" in both the event window and the console window.

Or would I need to make a bat like, DSDPlus -i3 -rc -E -t > dsdpluslog.txt ?
I would say so. No log file = no network map logged.

I have a few con+ systems and am trying to know if the site did broadcast the map, if by whatever way dsd was launched, if it would display?
Looks like you'd see "Network repeater map NOT written to console log file" in the event window. So if you didn't see that, they weren't broadcasting the map.

kma371

QRT
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just noticed the system I am monitoring is doing the same thing. its system 268 in the bay area. I don't understand how to look at the log file to see all the LCNs etc. I'm logging the data correctly, but I don't see any LCN's or frequencies.

can someone help?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just noticed the system I am monitoring is doing the same thing. its system 268 in the bay area. I don't understand how to look at the log file to see all the LCNs etc. I'm logging the data correctly, but I don't see any LCN's or frequencies.

can someone help?

Are you just monitoring the CC? Or do you have a multi-dongle setup? I ask because the network map might be broadcast on any slot of any LCN. So if you are just monitoring with one dongle, you might see the control report it but it can't tune to the LCN to get it.

In that case, if it's still broadcasting, tune to whichever LCN it says the network map is being broadcast on. Then let it sit there for an hour and give it a cchance to create the file.

Are you running the latest FastLane version? The latest Fl versions will write the file to the DSDPlus directory in a file called something like:

ConP 141 Network Repeater Map v020825.txt

Obviously the 141 will be different as will the v028025.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.