DSDPlus - Network Repater Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Greetings
I monitoring a DMR site, the CC event log keeps saying "network repeater map written to console log file"
What does this mean?
What does this do?
How do I get to the console log file and what do i do with this information?

Thanks in advance for your help.

vince48

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The console is the command prompt screen that spews all of the raw stuff. It's the screen where you start DSD.

If you want to dump that to a file you want to add > logfile.txt to the end of your command line parameters.

ex; dsdplus -i5 -o1 -v4 -T > dsdpluslog.txt

Mike

slicerwizard

Looks like you're using the standard CC.bat file. It ends with >>CC.log, so your CC-side console log file is probably called CC.log. You use Notepad to look at it. You look at the contents when you want to examine some detail that the other windows don't cover. The Con+ repeater map would be a good example of that. It lists every site in the network and every repeater channel LCN, color code, input frequency and output frequency used at each site. It also includes a channel definition text block that can be copied directly to your DSDPlus.frequencies file; that gives DSD+ the info it needs to trunk track any site in the network. It's all explained in the change log for v2.29.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Thanks slicerwizard,
how do you know all of this stuff? yes, it seems very useful. I will have to take a look when i get off work today.
"Looks like you're using the standard CC.bat file", should i be using the CC.bat along with my FMPA_CC.bat?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks slicerwizard,
how do you know all of this stuff? yes, it seems very useful. I will have to take a look when i get off work today.
"Looks like you're using the standard CC.bat file", should i be using the CC.bat along with my FMPA_CC.bat?

A Network Map is not only useful for you, but it is VERY useful for RR. If you get a complete Network Map for a system, please use the Submit button for that trunked system on RR and submit all of that information to RR so that whichever admins maintain that system in RR can update the database [if needed].

The network map, as DSDPlus calls it, contains all of the information needed about all of the sites that are part of that ConnectPlus system.

I don't know what Conn+ system you are monitoring, but it could be one for which only 1/3 of the sites are documented on RR. if you have a complete network map, it would really go a long way in helping RR make sure that the Conn+ system you are monitoring is up to date in our database.

Of course, this goes for you as well as anybody else who is able to acquire the full network map for whatever Conn+ system you may listen to.

Mike

Schumi1978

Premium Subscriber
Vince,

Just curious if the system you are getting the network map from is TelePath Corporation Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

When I was living in NorCal, I already (with the help of EricCottrell) mapped out the entire system before the DSD+ developers put the feature in DSD+ to write it out to a file.

If it's a different system, as mtindor suggested, you can have this written to a log file and submitted to RR.

I haven't seen it on any other systems up here in Southern Ontario other than a system I can pick up across Lake Ontario in NY State SaiaNet Trunking System, Various, New York - Scanner Frequencies which I sent for RR to update and they did earlier this month.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Hey Schumi how is it going,
this is for the Fisher Wireless TeamTalk (DMR) 119 Network. it will interesting to see the log file. Interesting, i saw a ;lot of group and RID's activity but no audio. Only audio i got was from the control channel slot 2.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
this is for the Fisher Wireless TeamTalk (DMR) 119 Network. it will interesting to see the log file. Interesting, i saw a ;lot of group and RID's activity but no audio. Only audio i got was from the control channel slot 2.

Even though that system appears to be well maintained, I'd still ask that you send in the complete data via Submit Data to RadioReference just in case the system is not as up to date as it could be.

Hopefully more will follow you in doing that.

What site/frequency were you sitting on when you were collecting the network map data? If you were sitting on any single frequency [in order to capture the network map data], then it would not be surprising that you would see a lots of TGID / RID information but not hear audio, since you are probably seeing traffic that is actually directed to other channels on the site that you aren't trunking while you are collecting network map data.

Mike

Schumi1978

Premium Subscriber

Doing great, Vince, thanks for asking. Survived the first winter up here with snow in over 3 years.

Very cool that TeamTalk is broadcasting this. Wish they did when I was living there. Would have made life much easier!

If I recall, I don't remember the Mt Diablo, Grizzly Peak or Clay Jones sites I used to monitor being very active with traffic and were mostly Spanish (which I don't speak unfortunately). The entire network is very large. When I was in San Diego a couple times, the sites down there I remember being very busy during the day.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
ok guys, just got home and looke got CC.log and cannot find the file, in hte DSDPlus folder. any ideas?

It should be located in the home directory, or whatever directory you cd'd into while using DSD+. If you want you can specify a full pathname for the logfile.

slicerwizard

Thanks slicerwizard,
how do you know all of this stuff?
I read the change log. And one Con+ system here has spit out the network map on a couple of occasions.

I assume that whatever you're currently doing is fine.

I haven't seen it on any other systems up here in Southern Ontario
I've seen it a few times on Con+ 158 (FleetConnect)

ok guys, just got home and looke got CC.log and cannot find the file, in hte DSDPlus folder. any ideas?
How are you starting the CC copy of DSD+? A shortcut? A batch file? What's in them? If DSD+ told you "network repeater map written to console log file", it sure sounds like you have DSD+ creating a log file.

Schumi1978

Premium Subscriber
I've seen it a few times on Con+ 158 (FleetConnect)

Has to be few and far between. Haven't seen it come across while I've been monitoring. Fingers crossed I see it soon.

I think the Toronto site is accurate in RR but I do not think the Darlington site is (which is closest to me) is. It's just not busy enough (or I do not have enough patience) to sit down and map it out :p

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Slice wizard

How are you starting the CC copy of DSD+? A shortcut? A batch file? What's in them? If DSD+ told you "network repeater map written to console log file", it sure sounds like you have DSD+ creating a log file.

using the batch files from DSDPlus. both CC and FMPA-CC. Tonight nothing in CC event window for the network file.
Still cannot find the log in DSDPluse folder were all the othe files resides.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You should then see a CC.log file in the same directory as your DSDPlus. You'll want to make sure you have your operating system set up so that it shows extensions. Windows likes to, by default, hide file extensiosn from files which can often make it difficult to identify them at a glimpse.

If you find the CC.log, open it in notepad as well.

Mike

morfis

DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -v3 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 >CC.log

So in the directory you start DSDplus in you should have a file called "CC.log"

It is a plain text file and DSDPlus will append the events to it - that is your 'console log file'

D

DaveNF2G

DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -v3 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 >CC.log

That command probably makes DSDPlus overwrite the CC.log file every time it is executed.

If you want to keep the log file going across sessions, then that should probably be changed to >>CC.log

The double sign means "append".

Status
Not open for further replies.