DSDPlus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I Don't believe that the "filter" is really an issue. I have used SDR-Radio in the past and have used HDSDR all day without any problems whatsoever.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
X2-TDMA requires it to be forced from the command line but even then I had issues with this mode. After doing the -fx -xx switches I was able to get some voice decode but it was pretty bad. X2 is very touchy with signal levels so it may not be getting enough signal for proper decode.

This also might be another one of those cases where you want to use 'R' inside the program while monitoring some X2 traffic. Wait about a minute, hit R again. Then go and use that raw audio wav file to do some advance tuning with DSDPlus by feeding it back in using 'dsdplus -fx -xx -o0 < raw-audio-file.wav'. Get a baseline score and then start adding trying to step through the advanced tuning. That may or may not get you some significant improvement.

Has anyone gotten the default MP3 recording to work with LAME? I'm ussing LAME 3.99.5 (32-bit) and DSD creates a WAV file but not an MP3.

Nick,

You should be able to create an MP3 simply by doing -O something.mp3 . Basically, if you force an extension of MP3, it creates an MP3. I think the MP3 is probably lower audio quality though, but I'm sure it's tighter as far as compression.

Mike

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Just an FYI: First time using DSD tonight.

Loaded on a mini laptop (2 core Atom as mentioned previously), grabbed the lame.dll from the Audacity site and fed it with my BC895 disc output. Uses about 50% CPU resources during decode…

Programmed up a bunch of DMR/Provoice/P25 freq’s in conventional scan mode.

Was listening to P25/Provoice/DMR out of the computer speakers in no time just by starting the program with a good audio level.

Great mute function for ENC data.

I have not even got into the options within the program yet.

The "Out of the box" experience rates a solid 10.

Well done.

cabbar

My configuration is uniden bct15 with discminator tap and Dsd+,I have no problem with the P25 apco decoding it's incredable,but because of my unexperiended I can't decode Dmr and p25p1 muting encyrpted voice. Any help appreciated.Thanks

Attachments

• dsd dmr.jpg
    dsd dmr.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,269
  • dsd.JPG
    dsd.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,260

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
My configuration is uniden bct15 with discminator tap and Dsd+,I have no problem with the P25 apco decoding it's incredable,but because of my unexperiended I can't decode Dmr and p25p1 muting encyrpted voice. Any help appreciated.Thanks

You won't be able to decode encrypted comms. There is no ability to decrypt encrypted signals, for obvious [and perhaps not so obvious reasons].

There is no - switch to allow you to hear the encrypted audio that I know of, but why would you want to hear encrypted transmissions that can't be decrypted?

Mike

ronenp

Is there any way to see the "color code" of a MotoTRBO or DMR conversation ? and also the Talk group of a Trunked P25 Conversation ?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I haven't had the opportunity to test Provoice, but I would expect that it does a great job on Provoice as well.

Mike

Well, now I've had the opportunity to test DSDPlus against a ProVoice signal, and it sounds beautiful. No complaints. No issues at all with decoding.

Mike

jje64

I am having the same poor results as cabbar (above) with DMR. P25 decodes very well. Has anyone tried the -xr and -xR switches? They do not work for me and return an err in the program.

I am using an R7000 Rx. I tune around to center the digital signal.

Any input on DMR switches is appreciated

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Is there any way to see the "color code" of a MotoTRBO or DMR conversation ? and also the Talk group of a Trunked P25 Conversation ?

If it's decoding a TRBO stream, it automatically shows the color code

Code:
+DMR           slot1         BS DATA       CC=12  Idle
                                           ^^^^^ = color code

For P25, you can see the talkgroup / radio ID if you increase verbosity (ex: -v3)

Code:
[E] Channel Group & User: tg=1060 src=22107
                                  ^^^^^^^^ rid
                          ^^^^^^^ = talkgroup in decimal

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am having the same poor results as cabbar (above) with DMR. P25 decodes very well. Has anyone tried the -xr and -xR switches? They do not work for me and return an err in the program.

I am using an R7000 Rx. I tune around to center the digital signal.

Any input on DMR switches is appreciated

There are no -xr or -xR switches. It automatically determines the polarity. -fr is the switch you want to use to force DMR decoding.

If you are unable to decode DMR, you probably have a bad audio signal being input. You should take a recording of the raw audio (when DSDPlus is running, press "R" to start recording the raw audio to a wav file, then after about a minute of activity press "R" again to stop the recording). Then you can upload that .wav file somewhere and give us the link to it, which will allow somebody to take a look at the audio signal and give you their opinion on whether it's bad or not.

You also might want to consider trying to "fine tune" using advanced tuning described in dsdplus.txt.

All of the switches are documented in dsdplus.txt, and you can also get a list from CLI by adding the -h switch.

Mike

Audiodave1

Database Admin
How does one go about applying a switch in DSDPlus? (cannot seem to find this in the wiki either) I see the list of switched in the .txt file but aside from the recording switch I have be un successful....

Perhaps it is just a nomenclature issue that I am not familiar with. Are these applied while the program is running?

Dave

frazpo

Are you speaking of recording raw data to a wav file. While it is running hit "r". It will start a file. Hit "r" again and it will stop. The file will be in your dsd folder.

To record voice from command line. dsd -O filename.mp3 or dsd -O filename.wav

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
How does one go about applying a switch in DSDPlus? (cannot seem to find this in the wiki either) I see the list of switched in the .txt file but aside from the recording switch I have be un successful....

Perhaps it is just a nomenclature issue that I am not familiar with. Are these applied while the program is running?

Dave

Dave,

You can do it multiple ways (via batch file or via command line). I always recommend opening a Command Prompt and then changing to the directory where DSDPlus is and then just doing it manually. I'm guessing you probably use Windows Explorer to navigate to the DSDPlus folder and then just click on DSDPlus.exe.

ex: my DSDPlus directory is c:\DSDPLUS

I do this:

1. Open a Command Prompt (usually under Start --> Programs --> Accessories)
2. I then do " cd \DSDPLUS " , which puts me in my DSDPlus directory

Then I manually type in:

DSDPlus.exe
DSDPlus.exe -f1
DSDPlus.exe -fr -O NUL
etc
etc

I won't go through the whole batch file way of doing it.

Mike

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
mtindor

Thank you for the suggestion. On lines 135-137 of the README file at this link it shows the -xr and -xR switches. Is the readme wromg?

README - Pastebin.com

When it comes to switches, you might want to forget about the dsdplus.txt readme as it doesn't appear to always jive with what's available.

dsdplus.exe -h

If you run that from the commandline while in the directory where your DSDPlus is, you'll get a list of the currently available switches.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.