DSDPlus DSDPlusUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annunaki

Hey guys so for a few weeks now on and off in my spare time I've been developing a simple UI written in Delphi for DSD+.

Head over to my website at DSDPlusUI and try it out.

This is the first ever application I have written and its been a fun learning curve, I look forward to some feedback good or bad and or any suggestions on possibly improving upon the UI.

Cheers.

hamradionl

For many years i use the SDR# + DSD+ plugin only for NXDN (nothing els digital in my area)
Today download your latest release and try using DSD+Free in DSDui i start FMP.bat
Or start the NXDN.BAT inside this file is:
start X:\DSD\FMP -i1 -o2 -P0 -g40 -wsl10.450 -f4xx.xx00
start X:\DSD\DSDPlus -fa -i2 -o1 -wsl10.10 -wss100.410 -wel140.10 -wes100.410 -wcl275.10 -wch17

Where did i go wrong?

Annunaki

I dont understand your question, What exactly are you asking?

1st you load a DSD bat then you load a FMPx bat

FMPA for Airspy
FMP24 for RTL-SDR
FMPP for SDRPlay

What receiver are you using?

hamradionl

RTLSDR
My question in short
Have the DSD+Free version a FMP24 or only a FMP ?
What .BAT i need to start to get the same result as in SDR# plugin.
What must be in the .BAT to get DSDui running or fully control DSD+free?

Annunaki

Ok I just downloaded the free version and indeed FMP24 is not included in that release.

As of now DSDPlusUI only supports FMPA/FMP24 and FMPP but I will add support for just FMP soon.

For now until I get the time you can use SDR# to control the receiver and DSDPlusUI to control DSD+.

hamradionl

@Annunaki,
Yes, this is reason other DSD+free users not able using DSDui, wait for your new release with FMP control.
The commend line structure for DSD+free maby differ from the commands used by DSD+Fastlane, be aware of this :)
Something else, SDR# DSDplugin is decode cristal clear voice, and notice using DSD+free standalone, the decode audio suffer from stutter and lots of bleebs, noises and show many decode errors

Last edited:

hamradionl

Roger my friend, see tomorrow very interested how it work with DSD+free as standalone

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I've download it and does this support win7 & win10 64bit? Cause I'm on Win7 64bit and it won't open cause its not a 32bit.

ScreenShot225.jpg

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I've download it and does this support win7 & win10 64bit? Cause I'm on Win7 64bit and it won't open cause its not a 32bit.

View attachment 79915

I can run it under Win 7 64 bit but... Malwarebytes threw a fit when I first tried to open it. The file was quarantined before it could ever run.

Malwarebytes called it a "MachineLearning/Anomalous.94%".

I restored the file to a test machine and ran it. I did not have time to check and see if this was just a false positive or not but I'm not putting it back on my main machine until I check.
The file seemed to run fine on the 64 bit test machine though.

Did your AV software prevent it from running maybe?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
RTLSDR
My question in short
Have the DSD+Free version a FMP24 or only a FMP ?
What .BAT i need to start to get the same result as in SDR# plugin.
What must be in the .BAT to get DSDui running or fully control DSD+free?

DSDPlus "free" is nearly five years old. To get Fast Lane versions costs less than an RTL dongle. Makes absolutely no sense to be using the free version. Fast Lane supports a lot more and is much more refined. DSDPlus Fast Lane has FMP24 and supports TCP linking between FMP24/FMPA and DSDplus. Heads and shoulders above the free version.

Annunaki

@kruser The virus warning is a false posative created by using a excutable packet, more is explained in the groups.io forum.

Annunaki

The use of packing executables is highly recommended to prevent theft of Author code and injection of malicious code/hijacking by 3rd partys.

Noone in this day of age should be releasing unprotected programs to the public.

thewraith2008

EXE packers don't offer security against anything. They can be easily unpacked.
There are other ways to obfuscate your code if you are that concerned. And it won't have your file flagged as untrustworthy.

With a EXE packer, every AV company on the planet will flag it as untrustworthy and your target audience will trust their AV software.

Annunaki

EXE packers don't offer security against anything. They can be easily unpacked.
There are other ways to obfuscate your code if you are that concerned. And it won't have your file flagged as untrustworthy.

With a EXE packer, every AV company on the planet will flag it as untrustworthy and your target audience will trust their AV software.

Thanks I will look into what you have said but rest assured this is a genuine false positive just like the FMP false positives just recently.

I have no intrest in infecting peoples machines I wasnt even going to release it to the public at first but thought people will get some good usage from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.