DuCom Encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Been scanning the police talkgroups and haven't been hearing anything. Did get some activity on Fire South so I know it's trunking here. Did they take a page out of the Northwest Central's playbook and encrypt all the police departments?

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
No they haven't encrypted there comms are still open I'm listening now. Check your signal strength and programming. I'm hearing everything in dupahe just fine.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Been scanning the police talkgroups and haven't been hearing anything. Did get some activity on Fire South so I know it's trunking here. Did they take a page out of the Northwest Central's playbook and encrypt all the police departments?

I have heard from reliable sources that DuComm will only encrypt certain police tactical, surveillance, and sensitive comms. Everything else should be in the clear. Even when they activate TDMA Phase II, results will be the same.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
No they haven't encrypted there comms are still open I'm listening now. Check your signal strength and programming. I'm hearing everything in dupahe just fine.

I was listening from my home around Midway, and when I was previously getting transmissions, I no longer am. However, I was out in Hinsdale yesterday and heard everything loud and clear.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
DU-COMM's TAC talk-groups are encrypted but the everyday dispatch groups are not. DU-COMM is the correct way to spell the center's name.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
DU-COMM's TAC talk-groups are encrypted but the everyday dispatch groups are not. DU-COMM is the correct way to spell the center's name.

Hi Rich! I figured you'd chime in on this one. Silly me for spelling the agency's name wrong. Is it correct in ALL CAPPS with the hyphen?

Note: Rich is a retired admin. from the agency. It dispatches just about EVERY agency in this area of DuPage County, with a few exceptions (AC/DC, Naperville/Aurora, Southwest Central Dispatch Center).

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
Hi Rich! I figured you'd chime in on this one. Silly me for spelling the agency's name wrong. Is it correct in ALL CAPPS with the hyphen?

Note: Rich is a retired admin. from the agency. It dispatches just about EVERY agency in this area of DuPage County, with a few exceptions (AC/DC, Naperville/Aurora, Southwest Central Dispatch Center).
Hi, Will. Yes, all caps with the hyphen. Apologies. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.