Duplexer Conundrum

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Please see the attached diagram for a better explanation, and then I ask this question:

Is there a Duplexer made with a Low Pass VHF/UHF 108-460 Mhz and a High Pass 700 Mhz+
I can't find one at the typical places; Google, eBay, Antenna Farm, etc.
Also, I need to maintain ONE CABLE FEED from the attic to the shack.

Thanks
Jim

Attachments

• Antenna Diagram.pdf
    391.7 KB · Views: 26

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Have you looked here?
I have tried all online retailers with the same issues.
1) NO 700mhz coverage on the High Pass, they all start at 800+ (Mostly 840+), and 2) NO 108-450+ combined on a Low or Mid Pass.
Most models have the VHF split out or combined on an HF side like 1-150mhz.
Comet, Diamond, etc. Even Triplexers which I don't need.
Would like 108-460 MHz on one side and 700+ on the other side.

prcguy

Maybe well used on eBay.
I bought a used BK-24N on eBay for a little over $100 but its the only reasonably priced one I've seen in the last 5yrs and I'm looking every few days for another. I have an older Comet diplexer that goes to at least 460 on the low side then 840Mhz on the high side but its actually a bit wider than the specs like about 480 on the low pass and 800 on the high pass.

Look at post #12 in this thread, it shows my Comet, Microlab and several other diplexers, all perfect for what the OP needs and they all came from eBay. Great deal on 800/900 antenna!

Kg9jz

I have a very similar setup here, vhf/uhf omni for general reception and an 800 mhz omni for trunked P25 stuff. I tried searching for a duplexer to combine the specific frequencies I wanted to receive and no luck other then overpriced stuff. I ended up getting a combiner to do the thing I needed. BUT....what a lot of people dont know or refuse to acknowledge is that a good quality 2 way splitter will combine 2 different frequencies. Good quality is not radio shack or walmart/dollar store junk. Good ones are online and have a spec sheet available to view to see insertion loss, attenuation, etc

I have an RSP-1A that I used to check incoming signal levels on the vhf/uhf omni, and then the 800 mhz omni. Then combined the two antennas using a backwards 2 way splitter and then checked again. Only difference is the 3.5db in rf signal loss that you would get from the splitter, but by going by the received signal graphs on sdruno and audio on both analog and digital decoding, there is negligible difference between standalone and combined signals. And the system is a combination of 50 and 75 ohm coax and components, 0 reception problems mixing the two.

With the distribution setup I have here for the multi scanner system, I can receive 50+ miles out, more depending on atmospheric conditions. I use the same type of setup but different antennas for my ATCS hosting site using a backwards 2 way to combine two 900 mhz yagis pointing north and south, and it works perfectly for both directions.

So I have no reason to look for a $100+ duplexer to combine signals when a $7 antronix 1 ghz rated 2 way does the job perfectly well