EBRCS Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

officer_415

Database Admin
Yes. Even 3 alarm structure fires here in Fremont are worked on one of the tacs. The tac assignments are rotated...no department that is dispatched by ALCO Fire has their own Tac channel anymore. I haven't heard the command channels used since this change over.

Thanks! Do the non-ACRECC agencies (Albany, Berkeley, etc.) still use their respective command channels?

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I can only speak for Hayward, and yes, they use their own command channel. And now that I think about it, I don't normally monitor the county command channels since they made the change over, so someone may be using them, but for normal incidents they go directly to tac 3, 4 or 5.

kma371

QRT
From my logs of ALCO East, the only "Command" channel I've seen active was Command 13 (Hayward) since late October, and nothing on the Tac's above 3, 4, 5.

Last edited:

Radiobern

Feed Provider
I've been using this website: https://webapp.pulsepoint.org/ and their corresponding app to see what incidents Alameda County Fire is responding to and it'll also list which Tac channel is used, if assigned. It helps me figure out whether the code 3 I hear is for medical or an actual working fire.

mibzzer15

From my logs of ALCO East, the only "Command" channel I've seen active was Command 13 (Hayward) since late October, and nothing on the Tac's above 3, 4, 5.

Ive got Tac 6 and 7 confirmed use on ALCO SW. Still havent had anything above that so I can't confirm how high the tac channels go to.

N6ML

Anyone know what's going on today? The only activity on Contra Cost East simulcast is AMR on TG 5556. ConFire is using the old VHF FM repeater for dispatch. I wonder what CCSO, Anitoch, Brentwood, Pittsburg, etc. are using for backup. Central simulcast seems to have normal activity, incl CCSO East Dispatch (TG 7715).

officer_415

Database Admin
Anyone know what's going on today? The only activity on Contra Cost East simulcast is AMR on TG 5556. ConFire is using the old VHF FM repeater for dispatch. I wonder what CCSO, Anitoch, Brentwood, Pittsburg, etc. are using for backup. Central simulcast seems to have normal activity, incl CCSO East Dispatch (TG 7715).

Apparently the east cell went down this morning.

N6ML

Apparently the east cell went down this morning.

Yeah. I was wondering if the cell was up but somehow lost its linkage to the dispatch centers. I'm not sure exactly how that linking works. Seeing some activity from Antioch and Brentwood now, but they're encrypted, so can't listen, but I've only seen non-dispatch radio IDs so-far, so maybe they're using the dispatch channels for car-to-car or relaying, or something.

kma371

QRT
I think Antioch still might have access to their old VHF freq, which I can't think of at the moment. .785 something.

N6ML

Antioch dispatch used to be 154.845. I assumed they'd have given it up. It is still listed under WPOX277, though, so perhaps they do still have it.

worble7

mibzzer15,
You hear the Fremont shooting going down on 4/5/2018? Also I don't know how your getting Fremont with out using a unication pager. I bought the new TRX 2 and could only hear bits and pieces of there radio the unication you get like 99%. Jeff

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Listened to Fremont PD for a year but not recently, didn't notice any interruptions on bcd436hp. Fremont talks way more than other cities in south east bay, so I turn it off sometimes.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
mibzzer15,
You hear the Fremont shooting going down on 4/5/2018? Also I don't know how your getting Fremont with out using a unication pager. I bought the new TRX 2 and could only hear bits and pieces of there radio the unication you get like 99%. Jeff

I hear Fremont fine on my 996xt and TRX-1, but much of Fremont is in a radio dead zone, probably from receiving multiple sites and not decoding properly (my guess). I know I lose them in many areas while mobile. I do have Fremont "A" channel streaming on the internet and you can find it under Alameda County "Live Audio".

worble7

Kandrey,
I used every antenna I could find and only got bits and pieces of there radio with Uniden Homepatrol 1 and the Whistler TRX 2. The Unication G4 get almost all of it. Jeff

kq6jz

Going back to the questions about ACRECC command and tactical channels. You all are correct that command channels are rarely going to be used anymore. Something like a high rise fire is the most likely type of incident to grow to the point that command level personnel will need to have radio communications with each other.

On a 3rd alarm Fremont fire, however, you're almost guaranteed to have a second tactical channel assigned for managing units in staging.

Trying to manage different tactical channels for each agency was a problem for dispatch. Allowing CAD to assign that tac channels makes it easier for them. (But harder for anyone trying to listen to just one agency...)

officer_415

Database Admin
Going back to the questions about ACRECC command and tactical channels. You all are correct that command channels are rarely going to be used anymore. Something like a high rise fire is the most likely type of incident to grow to the point that command level personnel will need to have radio communications with each other.

On a 3rd alarm Fremont fire, however, you're almost guaranteed to have a second tactical channel assigned for managing units in staging.

Trying to manage different tactical channels for each agency was a problem for dispatch. Allowing CAD to assign that tac channels makes it easier for them. (But harder for anyone trying to listen to just one agency...)

Thanks for the info! Do you know how high (number-wise) the new tacticals go, and where the commands start?

N6PIV

Uniden SDS100 scanner and EBRCS

Has anyone tried a SDS100 on the EBRCS system especially if you live in a location where another scanner had trouble? For example at my house I need to use a yagi and an attenuator with my BCD536HP and I would much prefer being able to use a portable unit.

Thanks,

Art

kma371

QRT
Has anyone tried a SDS100 on the EBRCS system especially if you live in a location where another scanner had trouble? For example at my house I need to use a yagi and an attenuator with my BCD536HP and I would much prefer being able to use a portable unit.

Thanks,

Art

I'm getting mine tomorrow. I can report back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.