Echolink app for iPhone/iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLynch7

Downloaded it earlier, and it seems to work pretty well. Wish it had a 'random connection' option. I enjoy bringing up random connections on the local repeaters with the ht, and which the software would do the same.

kd8ccy

Are you using Echolink on an iPhone or on an iPod Touch? Can you tell much difference between the regular Echolink and using this iTunes app?

This might be enough for me to cross over from a PPC to an iPod Touch. Any comments you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

ResQguy

Meh
I just used it the other day to talk to a buddy on a repeater in california from my iphone in maryland. awesome.

CLynch7

I'm using an iPod Touch. The app runs very well, sound quality is good using Sony MDR-ex38iP headphones. It has a cleaner interface than the windows program, but with fewer options. No sysop mode (not a big deal), and only one connection at a time, so no impromptu conferences. Ability to search by call or partial call is nice. Also able to search the US by zone.

N1BHH

I have had a few attempted connections to my RF node that timed out but one that did connect fully. The audio is much better than I expected. These cell phones have pretty crappy audio but I was impressed when this guy connected and we had a decent conversation that lasted a good 10-15 minutes.

CLynch7

You say "only one connection at a time," but can that connection be to a conference?

Yeah, it can be a conference. I meant that more than one person can't request to connect to at once. E.G. If you and I were in a qsl, no one would be able to connect to either of us, even though that could be done on the windows software.

Status
Not open for further replies.