ECIREC And Utility scanning

Cashanova48

GMRS callsign WSAF780
Recently, I have been monitoring ECIREC Ops recently (Past month or so), and I have only heard a small amount of communication. That being units returning to the yard using codes used in public safety like 10-7 to let a dispatcher know they are Shift-End. I am new to monitoring electric company transmissions (and DMR in genral) and am wondering: 1. Do most electric companies use unit ID's and APCO 10 codes? 2. When are the best times for monitoring a company like this? And 3. Are there any other "Channels" or talk groups a company like this typically uses for on the jobsite communication (Like Tac channels?)

Thanks for the help,
Cashanova48

Guldnerk

Premium Subscriber
Recently, I have been monitoring ECIREC Ops recently (Past month or so), and I have only heard a small amount of communication. That being units returning to the yard using codes used in public safety like 10-7 to let a dispatcher know they are Shift-End. I am new to monitoring electric company transmissions (and DMR in genral) and am wondering: 1. Do most electric companies use unit ID's and APCO 10 codes? 2. When are the best times for monitoring a company like this? And 3. Are there any other "Channels" or talk groups a company like this typically uses for on the jobsite communication (Like Tac channels?)

Thanks for the help,
Cashanova48
I honestly only monitor them if there are storms but I do believe they use UIDs. Just haven't really been any storms since I started working with UIDs over the last couple months to get them loaded.

Cashanova48

GMRS callsign WSAF780
I honestly only monitor them if there are storms but I do believe they use UIDs. Just haven't really been any storms since I started working with UIDs over the last couple months to get them loaded.
Thanks for the reply. I wonder if they are on call then for severe weather. Using my Ailunce HD2, I didn't have to set up unit ID'S as contacts, since they where using their radio ID'S as unit ID'S.

Guldnerk

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes you can tell they are on a mobile radio that are used by multiple individuals but you can usually tell which ones are in their trucks. I usually program with the UID# titled Mobile ### or Truck ### then there is almost always a Dispatch or Base to program as well. DMR I primarily listen to are security and schools around the area. My SDS200 may be different in programming than the radio you are using.

Cashanova48

GMRS callsign WSAF780
Sometimes you can tell they are on a mobile radio that are used by multiple individuals but you can usually tell which ones are in their trucks. I usually program with the UID# titled Mobile ### or Truck ### then there is almost always a Dispatch or Base to program as well. DMR I primarily listen to are security and schools around the area. My SDS200 may be different in programming than the radio you are using.
Thanks, I was betting the ID'S don't change. I figured that the SDS2000 would recive radios ID'S... interesting.