Edacs & Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddogdecker

I have programmed a EDACS system into my scanner. Now can I enter a VHF frequency into the same bank? Putting the VHF frequency 10 to 20 channels away from the EDACS system. Or will that just screw the EDACS system up.

jehm1212

I have the NPSPAC channels as well as several other local 800, UHF, and VHF channels programmed right next to my EDACS system. I have never noticed any problems monitoring. You should not have any trouble.

bassmkenk2508

just make sure that the frequency is not listed in the "ED" mode in the top right corner, for some odd reason, lol.
other than that, you will be alright.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
"just make sure that the frequency is not listed in the "ED" mode in the top right corner, for some odd reason, lol."

There's nothing odd about it - if you set it as ED then it is not scanned, it is only used as part of the EDACS system.

bassmkenk2508

rdale said:
There's nothing odd about it - if you set it as ED then it is not scanned, it is only used as part of the EDACS system.

But then that would defy the purpose of even adding the frequency at all

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You add the frequency because you want to scan the EDACS system _and_ that conventional freq at the same time. So entering it as FM allows that to happen - one bank but two "types" of frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.