El Paso Co Medevac Ground Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio

Premium Subscriber
What is the talk group for ground to Medevac helicopter contact? I have been hearing dispatchers say "Stack D", but I have been unable to identify that.

I have been able to locate their regular traffic on the Cheyenne Mtn tower, on their conventional channels and once a long time ago, on AMR Ch 2 TG 4896.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

dw2872

That is STAC-D 853.7875 MHz (156.7 PL)

Sounds like a bad TA in Fountain right now with a double chopper go. One for sure just landed on Hwy-85 in front of Valley Bowl.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Yea, I am listening to that as well as the fire out in Yoder. Busy day, as usual around here.

Thanks for the info.

dw2872

Yeah, and now I am hearing Wescott FD talking on their admin channel about an exercise drill they are about to participate in.

radio

Premium Subscriber
They are doing a wildland fire drill over off Baptist Rd with the North Group. They did that earlier this morning too. They are using C2. The Yoder fire had to use C3.

BTW, where did you find that STAC info?

Thanks

dw2872

I cannot remember where I got that from but the S either stands for Statewide or Simplex... or both :)

radio

Premium Subscriber
Maybe off the RRDB Colorado Statewide Mutual Aid Page I just found with the RR Data person for this area labeled that entry as "CO STAC".

dw2872

Cool. They should probably relabel it as Statewide/Simplex TACtical - Direct (STAC-D).

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
BTW, where did you find that STAC info?

STAC-D used to be on the State of Colorado DTRS page and was labeled "STAC (repeater) & STAC-D (direct)" under the description for DTRS (along with the Simplex channels). It got removed sometime in the middle of 2013 and is only on the Colorado Statewide Mutual Aid page you found.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for that Spitfire. I programmed those 4 Simplex frequencies into my radios awhile ago. I thought I had seen them. Now I have the others as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.