Emergency Alert System Test 11/9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Lets all hope FEMA and the FCC get this Broken System FIXED before we have a NATIONAL EMERGENCY.

And I will follow Lou's lead with this point alone.

9/11

Did you know about it that day or did you not read about until September 12th? If you're like 99% of all Americans, you knew about it during the event.

Guess how EAS was used? It wasn't. Guess how many NOAA Weather Radios were activated for it? None. Did Twitter or Facebook exist? No. Could you even get the Internet on a phone? No.

Yet somehow most of the country found out about it. And you still feel that unless EAS is linked to NWR for this test, we'll all die.

Sigh...

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Does that make our school kids the "most successful"?

What it says about your kids is irrelevant to the question of whether the tests themselves succeed or fail. It a test correctly says your kids are failures then the test was successful and your kids were not. If it says your kids are failures and they are not actually failures, then the test failed, not the kids.

medic9351301

Banned
geez i thought this was america and we were entitled to our oppions and thoughts but i guess not here people being threated to by removed from here just for a oppion thats why i will never use this page again.

CrabbyMilton

Bottom line here folks. The purpose of the test was to test the TV(cable, over the air, and satellite) and broadcast radio. NOAA was never to be included but perhaps it will be at some point in the future. I personally think it should have but it was not and it was not planned that way. It's such a shame that some of you have to act like teenagers on a school bus over this. I though we were more civilized than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.