Emergency Deployment Drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB2UZR

White Tank: Feb 26-28 Countywide Emergency Incident Deployment Drill

WHAT: Countywide Emergency Incident Deployment Drill
WHO: Public safety agencies from across Maricopa County
WHEN: Drill will begin Tuesday, Feb. 26 and conclude Thursday, Feb. 28 with media invited to the first day of the drill on Tuesday from 7 a.m.
WHERE: White Tank Mountain Regional Park, Base Camp will be located at the Group Campground, 20570 W. Open Sky Way, Waddell, AZ 85355
WHY: Public safety agencies across Maricopa County have equipment and members that are part of a regional Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) team. UASI brings agencies together to build and sustain resources to mitigate, respond to, and recover from acts of terrorism using a whole community approach.
UASI teams from police and fire agencies across the county will be dispatched and deployed to White Tank Mountain Regional Park where they will test their deployment readiness. The deployment drill will examine everything from responses to a rally point, communication systems operability and the ability for agencies to work collaboratively with each other.
The drill will bring a large influx of public safety equipment to the West Valley such as heavy rescue fire trucks, bomb squad vehicles, and more. The drill will not close any portions of the White Tank Mountain Regional Park. The park and trails will be open and accessible to all visitors.

Might be some interesting comms from this.

KB7MIB

Yea, I've seen this mentioned elsewhere.

The various dispatch centers will be dispatching units on their main dispatch channels, with the dispatch mentioning, "This is a drill." There will be several different scenarios, to include a man with a gun, and a mudslide.

I would pay attention to all of the interoperability channels and talkgroups, in additon to the various main dispatch channels. I would expect city, county, state and possibly federal asserts to be involved.

Does anyone plan on going out to the White Tanks park to watch and listen? I'm actually off work the next 3 days, after working the past 7 days straight.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

I'm sitting at the White Tanks library and nature center. I followed a law enforcement convoy of unmarked vehicles, some of which were pulling trailers, an RV or two, and maybe an armored vehicle here. They were using 851.01250 (167.9 CTCSS) simplex (8AIRSAZ, or 8CALL90) for convoy comms. They would block traffic at stop lights and signs to allow the convoy to stay together.
I didn't see the armored vehicle, but it was mentioned on the air when they got to the gate that parking was limited, so they wanted to get the RV's, the vehicles with trailers, and their armor in first.

Is anyone else here at the park, or the library?

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

Scottsdale PD just showed up as I was typing the above. Their CV, an armored vehicle, and several unmarked vehicles, some with trailers again.

Ok, two marked Scottsdale PD SUV's, at least one being a K9 unit, Scottsdale FD BC 602, and one other Scottsdale FD unit were also in the convoy.

John
Peoria

AzTac

John - I appreciate your enthusiasm and excitement, but might I suggest a little more circumspection and discretion in posting a running inventory of tactical assets and not-so-well known frequency communications? We have no way of knowing who is paying attention to these blogs. Once the information is put out there, it can never be pulled back. It is exactly this type of general public scanner monitoring and information dissemination that results in more and more communications being encrypted. Please be smart.

K7MFC

WRAA720
AzTac, this was announced by the Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department on their website, and I wouldn't consider 8AIRSAZ and other interop channels "not-so-well known frequencies." KB7MIB is not doing anything out of line by reporting their observations of this event.

KB7MIB

Maricopa County Emergency Management is posting pictures from the exercise on their Facebook page. To include Phoenix FD Squad 8, the Mesa FD CRV, another CRV, and their own mobile satellite communications trailer.

Oh, I also saw Scottsdale FD's HM606 come in a few minutes after the rest of the Scottsdale convoy did.

G-6 is listed on the PFDRDC public CAD incident page for the exercise.

It's not like I was posting pictures and license plates of the unmarked law enforcement vehicles.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

3TV just covered the exercise on their 6pm newscast, and had video of several vehicles there, including Peoria PD's SAU (SWAT) CRV and an armored vehicle.

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I heard traffic on G6, G7, and G10. Didn't hear anything on AIRS, but I was 8n a crappy location to pick that up.

KB7MIB

They were using 8AIRS simplex, so unless you were close by the route the one convoy took, you probably wouldn't have.

Oh, and I heard "Bullfrog" one of AZDEMA's mobile communications units, on 8TAC93, 852.5125 (167.9 CTCSS) but only one very short transmission, and I didn't hear who they were talking to.

John
Peoria

N9JIG

Sheriff
I live on the other side of the White Tanks and I am not hearing the Deployable system right now but will leave it in a radio for a while. If it is low power then one might be able to hear it from the library lot.

KB7MIB

Just to clarify, is the deployable system that is being heard the one that Mesa has that is available for statewide use, or is it the federal one?

The Mesa one uses 7TAC51 through 7TAC54, plus 7TAC73 and 7TAC74. I'm not hearing any activity, but I don't have an outside antenna, either.

The federal one uses a separate set of frequencies. The third listing up from the bottom:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742

John
Peoria

Last edited:

WB2UZR

The system I heard the radio checks on this AM was the one listed in the database here as "700 Mhz deployable trunked systems," in the nationwide interoperability section. HP2 seems to lock on the 774.51875 freq, which is listed as the control channel.

KB7MIB

Okay, that's the federal one, not Mesa's.

I programmed the federal deployable system into my PSR-500. There is an active control channel on 774.518750. The SYS ID is 3F1. It has a NAC of 3F0. I don't hear any voice activity as of yet.

John
Peoria

Last edited:

KB7MIB

It's using the frequencies of:

774.518750 active control channel

The active control channel matches what is listed in the database at:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742

Look at the third listing up from the bottom.

The Mesa one uses the frequencies of:
769.143750 (7TAC51)
769.643750 (7TAC52)
770.143750 (7TAC53)
770.643750 (7TAC54)
774.106250 (7TAC73)
774.606250 (7TAC74)

So, maybe 3F1 is the common SYS ID for deployable trunked systems? Or the frequencies in the database for Mesa's deployable trunked system are wrong?

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.