Emergency Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickH

Since everyone here likes scanning (as do I) I thought you might find this resource interesting... it has nothing to do with scanner, but has everything to do with monitoring world emergencies...
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index.php?lang=eng

Hey, that's terrific. Did you see the motorcycle wreck in Yukfu, China about 20 minutes ago? It was an MPS (Multiple Patient Scene) with 7 injuries. No, they weren't pedestrians, they were all on the bike! Yikes!.

DRabbit

Be warned though... it tends to be addictive! LOL

It's interesting to watch and see what info makes it onto national news...

DickH

Hey, that's terrific. Did you see the motorcycle wreck in Yukfu, China about 20 minutes ago? It was an MPS (Multiple Patient Scene) with 7 injuries. No, they weren't pedestrians, they were all on the bike! Yikes!.

Kidding, aside, that is an interesting site. For example, click on the volcano symbol in Japan. I took this photo of that mountain in 2001. Thanks for the link.

817323.jpg

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if it is the same site, but I believe it was UPMan who posted a similar site a year or so ago. I'm not going to go look for it, but I have seen a site like this from one of the other significant posters.

All in all though, they are interesting.

DRabbit

Hi Lynn... I wouldn't be surprised if someone else posted it before... I did see another post here that referred to a similar map -- http://www.worldwidemeteo.com/ -- but that one only shows worldwide weather. I actually commented on it earlier tonight and included the link there to the RSOE World Emergency Map :)

Dick... beautiful photo! And yes, I found the RSOE map fascinating overall... a little scary though too!

mrova

pretty interesting stuff...

I had no idea that so many earthquakes are rumbling and volcanoes erupting at any given time! I wished they gave a bit more info on all the bio hazards too. It's like the end of the world I guess.
sv

DRabbit

I had no idea that so many earthquakes are rumbling and volcanoes erupting at any given time! I wished they gave a bit more info on all the bio hazards too. It's like the end of the world I guess.
sv

If you click on an event you'll be taken to more info that's available... and a menu on top of the page just for that event (details, updates, photos)... sometimes it's just a basic paragraph describing details, other times it's pages long with photos too!

Status
Not open for further replies.