EMS call codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowa9015

I monitor Waterbury/Cheshire Trinity EMS and Northwest CMED. While monitoring both, I hear calls such as "2-Alpha to Midstate," "Alpha to 19," etc. For example, a car called a few minutes ago "Alpha to 19," and now "upgraded" to "Delta to 19 with a respiratory distress on board." Are Alpha and Delta priority levels of response? Because I know Trinity generally just uses Priority 1 and Priority 2, but I could be missing something. If these are different levels of response, could anyone detail each level?

Thanks!

ecps92

Are these what you are looking for ?
I monitor Waterbury/Cheshire Trinity EMS and Northwest CMED. While monitoring both, I hear calls such as "2-Alpha to Midstate," "Alpha to 19," etc. For example, a car called a few minutes ago "Alpha to 19," and now "upgraded" to "Delta to 19 with a respiratory distress on board." Are Alpha and Delta priority levels of response? Because I know Trinity generally just uses Priority 1 and Priority 2, but I could be missing something. If these are different levels of response, could anyone detail each level?

Thanks!

nhfdcadet

GCT-1
Premium Subscriber
Trinity will give the priority to their dispatch as alpha bravo charlie or delta, BLS Cold/hot and ALS Cold/hot respectively, for northwest cmed, units will say 1 or 2 (hot or cold) and alpha or bravo (ALS or BLS)

bmeehan282

Premium Subscriber
You're crossing two different concepts.
"2-Alpha to 19" = Brevity for {2} "Priority 2" to {Alpha} - ALS (Advanced Life Support/Paramedic Level transport - {19} "Waterbury Hospital".. {20} is St Marys.
"Delta" refers to EMD Response Code (Emergency Medical Dispatch). Alpha=BLS Call Non Emergency Response. Bravo=BLS Call Emergency Response. Charlie=ALS Call Less emergent. Delta=ALS Call Emergency. Echo=Life Threatening Response. Omega=no risk routine response.

nhfdcadet

GCT-1
Premium Subscriber
You're crossing two different concepts.
"2-Alpha to 19" = Brevity for {2} "Priority 2" to {Alpha} - ALS (Advanced Life Support/Paramedic Level transport - {19} "Waterbury Hospital".. {20} is St Marys.
"Delta" refers to EMD Response Code (Emergency Medical Dispatch). Alpha=BLS Call Non Emergency Response. Bravo=BLS Call Emergency Response. Charlie=ALS Call Less emergent. Delta=ALS Call Emergency. Echo=Life Threatening Response. Omega=no risk routine response.
19 is St Marys, 20 is Waterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.