EMS Freq's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vs1988

Yes.

The agency I ride with is volunteer, and we have our own dispatch frequency as well as the MED channels (in my area, the regional communications center is called Northcentral CMED). Our dispatch frequency is used to tone us out and communicate with other EMTs and base. CMED is for patches to the hospitals, though we have to sign on scene/departure/arrival hospital with them as well as our base.

cellblock776

X1536 said:
Has anyone ever seen an EMS company (not private) on anything but the med channels?
I've never heard anyone use the national Med channels. EMS, public and pirvate, use other frequencies. EBR EMS uses talkgroups on the City of Baton Rouge TRS. Acadian Ambulance uses channes in the 155MHz range. I'm told the Medcom channels got some use after Katrinia but I didn't personally here any traffic.

vs1988

The CMED channels here in CT are the national med channels. I don't know how it's done in other states though.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
correct in CT they use the med channels, however there are some exceptions stratford while dispatched via 453.175 is simulcast on 154.310. Trumbull EMS uses 155.805. for awhile cmed dispatched access ambulance (private) via one of the med channels until they got their own freq. AMR and Nelson also both privates all have their own freqs. I also know in NY while I was working there (westchester county) most ems dispatches were via 60 control 46.26 no pl which is their equivalent to CMED. and most private services as well as alot of the vol. agencies used nextels there were a few exceptions such as sleepy hollow who were dispatched via pd freq and leter got their own freq, arrytown and ossining also. And I know there are more.

Joe - retired medic
(retired, but still watching and listening-LOL)

Thorny41587

Where I live 1-8 are hospital - ems if they tx on 468 and rx on 463 then no one can hear 468 except the hospital right? if another lifesquad was on that freq they could only hear 463 and not 468 right?

brandon

Database Admin
I've never heard the MED channels used where I live except in San Diego years ago before the RCS was up. AMR in SoCal dispatches on 155 MHz channels and I believe some in LA on 45 MHz. There is also a 463 MHz freq used in Victorville/Barstow. Many private medics are on UHF LTR systems or use Nextel.

car2back

X1536 said:
Has anyone ever seen an EMS company (not private) on anything but the med channels?

EMSA (the EMS provider for Tulsa and OKC) was on them for sometime untill the last couple years; EMSA-Tulsa is now operating on the state wide 800 TRS (digital/encrypted) and Oklahoma City is still operating on the UHF meds and switching over anytime to the same system.

vs1988

X1536 said:
Where I live 1-8 are hospital - ems if they tx on 468 and rx on 463 then no one can hear 468 except the hospital right? if another lifesquad was on that freq they could only hear 463 and not 468 right?

Med 1 through Med 8 in my area are unit-to-hospital with biomedical/telemetry if needed. I've never heard much activity on Med 9, and Med 10 is our hailing channel where units sign on/status/off and request patches/med control to the hospitals.

I'm fairly sure that Med 1-8 are not repeated since I can't hear them on my scanners at home. With the mobiles in the rig, I can hear the units if they are fairly close or we are up high (anyone in the CT area familar with John Dempsey Hospital? very clear line of sight).

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
AndrewJohnson said:
They Use 155.280 And 155.340 In North Carolina

I think it really depends on where they are. There are fewer users of 155.280 as a primary freq in NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.