EMS in Honolulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cygnus6

I own a PSR-800 I have all the EMS programmed in and I never seem to hear a single one. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

MECS_1947

What did you program into your scanner? The 800 mhz EDACS system? If so majority of the talk groups for fire, police and EMS are digital and no current scanner will pick the transmissions up. EMS no longer uses the UHF freq's.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Honolulu Police and Fire and EMS are on a EDACS PRO VOICE system. There is no scanner that can decode digital pro voice system. Anything talkgroups that are in analog mode on that system can be decoded by an scanner that can do EDACS. Pro Voice is not an option.

If I was to live in Honolulu I would get a commercial grade EDACS Pro Voice radio and have it programmed to receive only. Its being done in New Mexico by some people.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

ryolsen8 said:
Scanners can monitor EDACS...

Yup, if it is analogue, but they can NOT decode Provoice. Which is what the Honolulu system uses...

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Probably within the next couple of years they will switch to APCO P25 system. Either Phase I or II. The longer they wait they will probably goto IP based Phase II system and have true simulcast trunking throughout all of the islands of Hawaii which will be pretty sweet for them

Status
Not open for further replies.