Encryption tag question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, In the mode section on trunked systems if there is a trailing lowercase e it means partial encryption and an uppercase one means full encryption. Does full encryption mean it is encrypted at all times?

pb_lonny

In theroy yes, it depends on the system. Locally we have a system which has some TG's that are E 99.9% of the time but do drop back at times (very rare)

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Hello, In the mode section on trunked systems if there is a trailing lowercase e it means partial encryption and an uppercase one means full encryption. Does full encryption mean it is encrypted at all times?
I say keep the TG's in anyway, as pb-lonny says, and I know, sometimes the scanner hobbyist is smarter than the operator, and they forget or don't even know they should have switched. Won't say whom I've heard for hours, but they should have been ENC,
Scan On!

ecps92

keep in-mind the RRDB is populated by user submissions and YMMV
I've seen agencies flagged [due to a user submission] for the 100% ENC [E] yet my monitoring shows partial or none
and DB submissions/corrections are submitted

As one member mentioned, do not rule out keeping that TG in your scan list as you might be surprised at what you find, or do discover and report/make a DB submission to fix an error :)

Status
Not open for further replies.