Even log window text colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
In the 1R even log window (I assume for all event log window) each line is represented by a color. What are those colors supposed to represent? I see the dark Green are call colors, Light blue is records but also dark blue shows up from time to time.

Thanks,
Glenn

a417

Colors in event logs are usually instituted to represent classes of data being displayed.

in this case cyan (light blue) are messages from DSD about internal actions, red is rejections or errors noted in the data stream or system issues, green is group calls (transmissions), darker blue are affiliation requests, radio registrations etc.

It's only to make it easier to parse (and prettier).

a417

Yep. That's a "background event" that DSDFL provides to you. What do you want to know about it...what it means?

Going under Misc and selecting any Hide All Background Events will prevent those from showing up. Notice how the reg & affiliation messages stop showing up?

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Have either on or off (Background events) is a nice option to have. I have been monitoring a NEXGEN48 system and I dont ever see a BSI. On P25 yes. The affiliation line, What does that mean?

a417

That's Radio ID #1203123 asking to join Talk Group 1003 and the system is Accepting it.

a417

Yeah, when you break stuff down like that into component pieces, it all of a sudden makes slightly more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.