FACTORY RESET

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
PLEASE...can someone help with this?

I need to do a factory reset on my 436. I have searched all the web, all of Uniden, all if WIKI, etc, and can find nothing.

I just want to recycle it back to where it was when it came out of the box.

Thanks.

Anxiously awaiting...

Greg

dmaria

I need to do a factory reset on my 436. I have searched all the web, all of Uniden, all if WIKI, etc, and can find nothing.

I just want to recycle it back to where it was when it came out of the box.

Thanks.

Anxiously awaiting...

Greg

Straight from the manual:

Restore Options
Allows you to clear all user data (Full Reset) or reset just scanner settings to default.
Clear User Data
(Full Reset) will delete all Favorites Lists, locations, reset all profile options to default,
clear all Avoids, delete all recording sessions, all discovery logs, and all weather event
records.
Note: Pressing and holding 2, 9, and Dept when you power on the scanner will also
clear all user data.
Reset User Settings
Will only reset all scanner settings; the Favorites List will be saved.

Dave

greggk

Premium Subscriber
The only place I did not look was the manual. It is not the best. First, I thought I made a favorites list. Then, I updated my SD card thru uniden, then I attempted to load a favorites list I made up.

When I turn the scanner on, it says nothing to scan. So, I assigned a quick key, that did not work. Then I tried to change the type of communications I can receive, such as EMS, Fire, etc. They were all turned off, and I could not get them to turn on.

I am just livid right now, and it takes a lot for me to say that.

Thanks for your help !!

Greg

lep

Greg

As last resort, the Manual seems to have the info you are looking for!
Every other Uniden I have seems to work with some combination of 2,9

dmaria

The only place I did not look was the manual. It is not the best. First, I thought I made a favorites list. Then, I updated my SD card thru uniden, then I attempted to load a favorites list I made up.

When I turn the scanner on, it says nothing to scan. So, I assigned a quick key, that did not work. Then I tried to change the type of communications I can receive, such as EMS, Fire, etc. They were all turned off, and I could not get them to turn on.

I am just livid right now, and it takes a lot for me to say that.

Thanks for your help !!

Greg

You are welcome. I hope you get it sorted out.

Dave

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Guys. After I cleared it all out, it turned on and says Nothing to Scan. Ready to pull all my hair out, I realized I need to put a zip code in. That worked.

I'm still Pee'd Off. This may be the first scanner that has me stumped. Its my own fault..I knew about it going in.

Greg

dmaria

Thanks Guys. After I cleared it all out, it turned on and says Nothing to Scan. Ready to pull all my hair out, I realized I need to put a zip code in. That worked.

I'm still Pee'd Off. This may be the first scanner that has me stumped. Its my own fault..I knew about it going in.

Greg

Keep at it. After a while it will get easier. I have 7 HT's, 5 mobile transceivers and 4 scanners. The software for the 436 and 536 (I have both) is about as intuitive as the software for Chinese radios I have. I think the developer knew what he wanted (they usually do), but no thought was given to the end user. Sort of like flapping your arms and whistling Dixie to get your car started - the engineer understood you had to do that, but he couldn't understand how nobody could figure that out on their own.

Dave

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Actually Dave, I appreciate the support and encouragement. You can see by my list of scanners below that I have used a few. The PRO 106 had me stumped for a while..then I figured out the ARC software.

I suspect I will wait for the BUTEL software for this model also. Then I will look at it, and one day my head will go "beep," and I know at that point I figured it all out.

Thanks !

Greg

dmaria

I am also waiting for the Butel software, I almost got it for my Pro-106, but opted for the Win500 software instead.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.