rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Yes but the DMR sucks and so do the FM..ill stick to NXDN or Fusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I walk up in there with the XTS and XPR and they don't care..though my friend with a APX8000 got stopped and told to take his radio back

Ouch, guess it depends on the security guy working the detector/checkpoint that day.... Although I could see why the APX got stopped, its huge!!

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Not really it had a short battery on it but them in there 39,000 XPR Cap+ system. Nice and good what it covers but not really something I would listen to

So why would they let an XPR thru and not an APX? I got stopped once for having a BC-72 ANALOG scanner, they made me lock it up in an ancient gun safe at the back entrance of epcot (from the BW hotel)
outrageous i tell ya. I later hid my radios in a backpack and managed to sneak in TWO scanners and the RS-800 antenna which I sadly lost at the Contemporary resort. I doubt anyone ever found it. :I The guard didnt know what to make of the little BC72.. I later traded the BC-72 for a RS PRO 404, analog only but a nice radio.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong but I don't understand the undying necessity to sneak in one scanner or another rather than go in and simply enjoy the sights, sounds and people-watching at these parks.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Because they have repeaters on sight and people like to test radios around the property

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Haha. I want to get my family their licenses so we don't have to use cellphones anymore :I

Okaaay. You say that like cell phones are a bad thing. I have ham and GMRS licenses but I'd still use a cell phone there. No one else will be listening in on me while the others "test their radios."

I havent noticed much HAM activity the last time I went down. nor any hams.. I might be the only one down there LOL and I say that because cell service is absolue s**t in some areas of the park. :L takes too long to text and calls never last due to them dropping. I would rather key up a radio and have clear comms that way.

Britedj

Premium Subscriber
Overseas visitor

So if an overseas visitor can't have a scanner in a hire car when it is not illegal in their own country. This needs to be verified and posted for all to see

Rred

Brit-
You should understand that by international agreement, each country makes their own rules (or endorses treaties with others) about ANY use of radios. Transmitters and receivers alike.

What is legal in you home country stops at the border, unless it is protected by treaty.

Be glad you are not going to China. Enter China with a ham radio transceiver, or other "perfectly legal" transceivers, without a Chinese permit to bring it in and operate it. You'll be charged with espionage.

Makes Florida sound outright liberal, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.