FastNet-Courtice

mciupa

If you are in the area, can someone tell me if this site is active and what the Neighbor List is? I am too far away to monitor.

FastNet
2006 (6)CourticeDurham420.4625c420.775c

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I see the site active but, I cannot get much info out of it. It wasn't giving me neighbours on SDR-Trunk. I tried out DSDPlus, but didn't manage to get any more info out of it. My unfamiliarity with using DSD might be part of the problem on that front.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
It's active, but has no neighbors. I'll monitor it tomorrow and see if it still has traffic. The Durham School Bus system was quite active before.

It was disconnected from Toronto a long while ago.

1706479316697.png

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I have been watching the Toronto and Durham towers since about 6 AM and it looks like they are up and running, but accepting no radio affiliations. There are about 3-5 radios trying to affiliate, but were getting rejected. Now at around 8 AM, there are only 2 radios trying to affiliate, but are getting rejected, but there are some being accepted, but no traffic.

I have been monitoring on the SDS-200 and no traffic at all. Usually the buses would be coming up by now. Mind you, it has been a long time since I monitored this network.

Currently, it is active, but no traffic in zone 2.

I think Federal is going bye-bye. Most of the licenses have disappeared or were transferred. The west frequencies look like they have gone to Signal Wireless Inc. and M.R.C. Systems Inc. 423.2125 at Brisbane (2.3) was dropped by Signal, as per their license notes.

The Courtice frequencies were transferred to ET Fusion Inc late last year, but not for the Courtice site. So only the Toronto tower still has frequencies licensed to Federal, but there is absolutely nothing happening on that tower, except for the affiliation traffic. So I kind'a expect those towers to disappear, or come back under different ownership.

Looks like ET Fusion Inc, is a new startup serving emergency response type comms. They picked up a lot of frequencies back in October of last year.

"ET Fusion delivers a first-in-class emergency response solution to provide an immediate action to critical alarms for lone workers and isolated workspaces, utilizing existing two-way Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) networks." - from their new web site.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
There used to be a lot of traffic on the Toronto and Durham towers, but absolutely nothing now. A lot of failed registrations from RID's that used to belong to Durham School Buses. The couriers and construction comms are also gone.

Used to be very busy in the mornings and afternoons. Now nothing.

Looks like Federal Wireless and Williams Communications are one and the same. Williams used to have all the DRPS and Oshawa Ambulance contracts back in the day. That building was busy as heck, also with all the local taxi's as well.

I just got one comm hit off the Toronto tower. The RID is in the same group as Crosstown LRT.