Federal Gov't to acquire IL Thomson Correctional Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squad10

WASHINGTON - The White House plans to announce Tuesday that a rural Illinois prison will be acquired by the federal government to become the new home for a limited number of Guantanamo Bay detainees.

Administration officials as well as Illinois Sen. Richard Durbin and Gov. Pat Quinn will make the official announcement on Tuesday at the White House.

Officials at both the White House and in Durbin's office confirmed the news Tuesday night.

They said President Barack Obama has directed the government to acquire Thomson Correctional Center in Thomson, Ill., a sleepy town near the Mississippi River about 150 miles from Chicago. A spokesman for Durbin's office said the facility would house federal inmates and no more than 100 detainees.

New radio system(s) should be popping up.

jobes

Feed Provider
Boy I hope we have someone close by. Should be some good listening

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Would the Rockford area be able to pick up the audio from here?

I would assume not, because of the distance. But I am keeping my fingers crossed.

tfd354

I know this topic is old.......... but I can see the main gate from my kitchen window I have the current system mapped out but it has been off since the prison sold.... when something comes on line here I will fill anyone in that wants the info and I may start my feed back up so people can listen in..... contractors have been in there for the last 2 weeks

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I know this topic is old.......... but I can see the main gate from my kitchen window I have the current system mapped out but it has been off since the prison sold.... when something comes on line here I will fill anyone in that wants the info and I may start my feed back up so people can listen in..... contractors have been in there for the last 2 weeks

Thanks.
I've had a passive interest in them also. ;)

n9zas

ecps92

If it is becoming a Federal Prison (FBoP) you likely want to search 406-420 for a TRS

Wally46

Feed Provider
I am really interested in listening in myself. I'm only 10 miles away here in Clinton. I see they had a job fare there recently and they are slowly bringing more prisoners in. So if anyone has the frequencies please let me know what they are. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.