Feed URL's Changing, Admin input please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlesterca

Feed Provider
How Can I play on iTunes agian?

How can I get our feeds to play on iTunes again? This is ridiculous!

It worked for 5 yeras and then nada, no explanation? Am I missing something or has Broadcastify screwed this up?

John

Last edited:

flythunderbird

Feed Provider

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Tunein is no longer licensed to use our content.

What I would like to know is what apps are the "approved" apps outside of the Broadcastify app, which I would use but I only have an older android phone and it won't work on it. I do use Scanner Radio Pro but after a certain time it goes kaput as well. Then it is back to refresh the list and restart it. If I could listen to the private version of my feed I wouldn't be asking but the older android device won't play it. So what app is there that you don't have to refresh after so long? or are they all doing it?

Just curious.... Don't mean to ruffle any feathers...

Fubarscanner

Premium Subscriber
What I would like to know is what apps are the "approved" apps outside of the Broadcastify app, which I would use but I only have an older android phone and it won't work on it. I do use Scanner Radio Pro but after a certain time it goes kaput as well.

Just curious.... Don't mean to ruffle any feathers...

I use Scanner Radio Pro as well and I listen to it for hours on end without it "going kaput".
That would be an issue with your internet connection or device. (maybe battery saver turning on?)

I think that any of the popular police scanner apps on the Play Store or Apple App Store are approved.

What doesn't work anymore is the feeds that were listed on TuneIn radio, including on Amazon Echo devices that used the TuneIn Radio feeds. Maybe there were some other websites were using the feeds without paying "royalties" as well.

Also, the feeds that can be downloaded from the Broadcastify site for Winamp, Itunes or Windows Media player will only play for a limited amount of time and then give "sync errors". Then, you will have to download them over again. If you look at the URL inbedded in the M3U or PLS files, you will see a very long "key string" was added, which wasn't there before. The key string is different every time you download a new file.

One of my old deactivated phones which I use as a "WiFi" scanner and for Pandora, has Android v4.4 and I don't have any issues with the Scanner Radio app playing all day.

I suggested in an earlier post to go to Kroger or Dollar General and get a cheap Tracfone or Net Zero phone (that has Android v5.0 or above) for $29.95 and use that as a dedicated "scanner". I have bought several for this purpose and sometimes they go on sale for $10! You don't even have to activate it, as it will work just fine on wifi.

FYI: The CEO of RadioReference recently stated that there is a "Broadcastify Skill" coming for the Amazon Echo, which I am excited about.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider

Guess I should of tried to look there but didn't but thanks for the link. The phone I use at work is an android 2.0 version so I know a lot won't run on it now and I am still trying to get some way I can listen to my private version of the feed on it. I probably won't be able to due to the age of it so I may have to try one of the "cheap" tracphone options and see how it works out.

jlesterca

Feed Provider
It now works. It opens a up new window and ask if you want to save or play file, that did not open before.
At least it can now be played in iTunes withs a click each time.

mkescan

I have no problem using Winamp. Just Click start on Feed page, Winamp opens. Works the same way for Windows Media Player.
Everyone here would do the same thing Broadcastify is doing right now, if this was your Business. Your paying the Bills, while others are taking money from you.

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
Noticed the Winamp file on radioreference.com does not work but the one on broadcastify.com works.
Something must have broke.

The radioreference.com file is just empty.

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
In reference to Winamp, You can download AIMP, and use that in place of Winamp. You would clik on Winamp and the AIMP will show up in the list and click to start.

Site: AIMP

I used it on Win 7 and now using it on Win 10 .

an39511

Noticed the Winamp file on radioreference.com does not work but the one on broadcastify.com works.
Something must have broke.

The radioreference.com file is just empty.

The winamp links on Broadcastify are no longer working. I use winamp to monitor my feed and notice for the past several days the winamp program stream was being interrupted but other apps monitoring the same feed remained uninterrupted. Not sure why winamp is affected while other apps arn't.

rickr855

Feed Provider
HTLM5 Web Player does not work either.
Windows Media Player does work.
I do not have Java, Flash, iTunes, & Real Players,nor do I want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.