Feedback Requested: New Feeds Listen Interface

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
11,957
Reaction score
7,746
Location
Dallas, TX
New beta feeds interface is here:

Need to know the following from the community

1. Tell me what sucks
2. Tell me what's awesome
3. Don't be a curmudgeon, but complain like one if you want to
4. Test on Mobile and Dark/Light modes
5. Anything missing


Screenshot 2026-03-30 at 8.20.27 AM.png



We'll migrate the archives interface to this soon, but I'm looking for feedback on this so far.


Go nuts!

Lindsay
 
Last edited:

cg

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
1,782
Location
Connecticut
In either mode, the city names are difficult to pick out due to similar shades, needs a bit more contrast. If I am looking at a state that I have no idea what the county name is, I rely on the cities. I need to really zoom in to read it although the mouse wheel zoom control helps a lot.
 

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
11,957
Reaction score
7,746
Location
Dallas, TX
In either mode, the city names are difficult to pick out due to similar shades, needs a bit more contrast. If I am looking at a state that I have no idea what the county name is, I rely on the cities. I need to really zoom in to read it although the mouse wheel zoom control helps a lot.
I don't quite understand what you are talking about here? Are you talking about the maps?
 

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
11,957
Reaction score
7,746
Location
Dallas, TX
Ok

1. Sort is fixed
2. Map city names changed up for better visibility.
 

Kingscup

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
704
Reaction score
175
I prefer that the public playlists be at the top of county page vs the bottom in this demo. I provide a Calls and scanner feed of the same agency. I think a new user will click on the first feed they come across of the agency they want to listen to and think it’s “good enough” even though a Calls feed has a better user experience. They may not know that.
 

Deziel0495

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
335
I prefer that the public playlists be at the top of county page vs the bottom in this demo. I provide a Calls and scanner feed of the same agency. I think a new user will click on the first feed they come across of the agency they want to listen to and think it’s “good enough” even though a Calls feed has a better user experience. They may not know that.
Adding to this... Counties/States/Provinces with no live audio feeds do not display any data, even if they have public calls playlists available.
 

avery_k

Broadcastify Feed Provider, Lake County, OR
Feed Provider
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
84
Reaction score
36
Location
Lake County, Oregon
Looks good to me! The bar-graph spectrum display is a nice touch. Lets you see exactly how noisy your feed is.
 

portroyalbirdy

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
31
Location
Central PA
Will the "Web Player" links to feeds still be valid? I have a bit of my common listen to feeds linked that way as desktop shortcuts.
 

rr60

Active Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
2,394
Reaction score
1,477
I am able to find archives but for me it is not easy. Otherwise +++. Clean.
 

ChrisABQ

...
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
845
Reaction score
297
Location
Murder-Querque, NM
I like the new layout, looks very nice. On the legacy side of things, when navigating to an individual feed, the button (far right top) for opening the popup window player is not obvious. Could it be more noticeable?
 

kb9hgi

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
590
Reaction score
106
Location
West Central IL

Blantonl​

I think this is way cool! I been playing around with it tonight. I love the dark mode and the pop out player on my computer Love it shows TGIDs I been listening to my own feed with it and check a few others. Great job!
 

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
11,370
Reaction score
11,371
Location
Central Indiana
A visual thing.

In "Browse Audio Feeds" as I move the mouse cursor around the map, there's a white triangle (arrow) on the info box and a black arrow. Seems odd to have two indicators. Unless they mean different things that aren't obvious to me.

1775480645203.png

Same on the state map while moving around counties.
 

byron

K4SIP
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
9
Location
Ooltewah, TN
Enjoying the clean new layout and love having Dark Mode support.
+ The new listen layout makes me aware-of and wanting to explore the non-US feeds more too.

In "Browse Audio Feeds" as I move the mouse cursor around the map, there's a white triangle (arrow) on the info box and a black arrow. Seems odd to have two indicators. Unless they mean different things that aren't obvious to me.

View attachment 199493

Same on the state map while moving around counties.
In this case it's a white arrow overlaying the tail of what resembles a speech bubble box, but visually it looks like two different pointer arrows.
 

Indianabrad

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Sep 30, 2010
Messages
365
Reaction score
90
Location
Jasper County, IN.
I don't see anywhere that a feed status updated shows on the new player interface. Am I missing something? Does the feed have to be down in order for a status update to show? Also I on the new player I don't see anyplace where there is a "Feed provider ID" area Like if it is provided by a newspaper or a responder group. The old player had this.
 
Last edited:
Top