Field Day This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

Don't forget everyone....

This is FIELD DAY weekend. June 24th and 25th beginning at 1300 CST (1800 UTC)

I'll be operating a GOTA (Get on the Air) station for the group I'm with, Magnolia DX
Association (MDXA) http://www.mdxa.org My callsign is KB5FSV and I'll be running
the Novice portion of 10 meter phone (28.3000 ~ 28.5000 mHz USB) for the duration.
If you happen to be participating tune around and work me. If you don't have a license
listen for us anyhow. I will QSL SWL stations *grin*

Note SWL Stations: If you want a QSL please note the station you heard me working
including freq and time (central zone or UTC) for verification.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!

Good news, the band is open from NJ to VE at least, can't say how long it will hold up. FD - 55 minutes and counting...

nexus

It didn't last very long where we were situatated, so before we even got off the ground we decided to use W5NO for the GOTA callsign. We used my HF station, and between me and a no-code tech and a 12 year old with no license we managed 215 contacts between 75/40 meters and a few on 20/15 meters.

SCPD

QRT
Even though I wasn't seriously working FD, Saturday afternoon I worked W1AW and another CT station on 10 M SSB with 1 watt and an indoor dipole from OH.

jmp883

My first Field Day was a blast. Had on-and-off rain throughout the day on Saturday but no lightning or thunder to deal with. Made about 10 or so contacts during my 4-5 hours of operating and logging on 6m and 20m. 6m was hit-or-miss all day long, it would open up then almost as quickly close back down again. 20m was open all day and it was fairly easy to rack up the contacts on 20m. I was able to work W1AW, the station of the ARRL. I'm sure many stations QSO'd them during the weekend and that for many hams it is just another station to work. I thought it was pretty special to be able to work W1AW, and so did the members of my club. Unfortunately I couldn't make it back to our club site on Sunday but I can't wait for next year's Field Day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.