"Finding Control Channel"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpasq

I have two systems that I have downloaded from the RR library, both P25, Phase I, that just do not seem to work for me. Everything is there, including all the freq's, control channel, talkgroups, but when I scan nothing happens and if I hold on a talkgroup, it always says "Finding Control Channel."

What am I doing wrong or what can I check that may or may not be set properly? The two systems are Virginia State Police (for Chesapeake area) and Norfolk.

All other surrounding cities that are Motorola II and P25 have been downloaded and work perfectly, its just these two that don't, and its not a range of antenna issue as I am definitely within range and receiving cities much further that trunk properly, and they are also P25.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

nd5y

"Finding Control Channel" means that the scanner isn't receiving a control channel. That means one of the following:
1. The current system control channel is one that you don't have programmed.
2. The current system control channel is one that you have programmed but it is locked out.
3. Your frequencies are programmed right but you are not receiving a signal because of being too far away, poor antenna, or some other problem.

The radioreference database could be wrong. If you only programmed the control channels, the system could be using frequencies that are not marked as control channels in the database or not in the database at all.

Voyager

Or the system is set to the wrong type (trying to receive a P25 system on a scanner programmed for Motorola).

vpasq

Thanks so much for the quick responses. I will double-check the settings based on what you have said and see if that fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.