Finding\Saving business freqs with Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2snm

How do I go about finding\saving certain freqs for a particular business into my SDS-100?

I can lookup the business (Burning Man Project) in Washoe County NV within RR and get a long list of licensed freqs, but I cannot find a way to search for them in the Sentinel software (and then save them as favorites to my SDS).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How do I go about finding\saving certain freqs for a particular business into my SDS-100?

I can lookup the business (Burning Man Project) in Washoe County NV within RR and get a long list of licensed freqs, but I cannot find a way to search for them in the Sentinel software (and then save them as favorites to my SDS).
The only things that will show up in Sentinel are entities that are in the database. These would have been submitted by members.

What you are seeing in the license inquires is based on what the FCC shows them to be authorized to use. But if no one has verified usage & submitted the info, then it will not show up on a county database page nor will it be in Sentinel. (It would not be in the database used for the Whistler scanners either.)

What you need to do is to create a large conventional system in Sentinel, and include all of the repeater (or base) frequencies. The FX1 and MO tagged frequencies are going to be very weak, and unless you are really close, you'll never hear them.

Put all of the individual frequencies in a system, set as 'all' for audio type, and 'search' for the tone or code. Then, if you run a log in ProScan or ARC536, you'll see what's active, along with information on how that frequency is being used. Of course, that's only going to be effective while the event os occuring, with maybe a window of opportunity during the setup phase just before the start date.

n2snm

The only things that will show up in Sentinel are entities that are in the database. These would have been submitted by members.

What you are seeing in the license inquires is based on what the FCC shows them to be authorized to use. But if no one has verified usage & submitted the info, then it will not show up on a county database page nor will it be in Sentinel. (It would not be in the database used for the Whistler scanners either.)

What you need to do is to create a large conventional system in Sentinel, and include all of the repeater (or base) frequencies. The FX1 and MO tagged frequencies are going to be very weak, and unless you are really close, you'll never hear them.

Put all of the individual frequencies in a system, set as 'all' for audio type, and 'search' for the tone or code. Then, if you run a log in ProScan or ARC536, you'll see what's active, along with information on how that frequency is being used. Of course, that's only going to be effective while the event os occuring, with maybe a window of opportunity during the setup phase just before the start date.

So no shortcuts (i.e. Export\import) to be had? What about utilizing other programming software?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
So no shortcuts (i.e. Export\import) to be had? What about utilizing other programming software?
Open the page showing all those licenses and copy what you want into excel. Get rid of all columns except for the freq and the call sign leaving just 2 columns.

Take that data and use it to create conventional system in sentinel..

n2snm

Open the page showing all those licenses and copy what you want into excel. Get rid of all columns except for the freq and the call sign leaving just 2 columns.

Take that data and use it to create conventional system in sentinel..

Do you mean create a Favorites list and add the channels one at a time? Or is there a more simple way to do it?

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
Ifn
Do you mean create a Favorites list and add the channels one at a time? Or is there a more simple way to do it?
If you use Firefox, you can hold shift and ctrl while clicking and dragging on tables/columns. For the fcc website, hold ctrl and shift then click the frequencies and drag up. It’ll copy them all and only that column. Paste in notepad++ and start removing dupes and the word “frequency” at the top.
Ctrl + a to select all then copy.
In sentinel/proscan , make the same amount of blank entries(new ones in your favorites list >conventional system > depts. I always add one extra to be safe.
After you made the blank ones, select all those and at the top right click and you should see “fill down”. Use that and wait for the program to unfreeze and you should have them all. Now add a name and you’ll be done

Ubbe

I usually just hold the cursor at the first line of a frequency in the web browser and hold left mouse button while moving the mouse down over the page to cover everything I want to use. Then right click and select copy and start Notepad and paste into it. Then save the text file, on the desktop, and then right click on the icon or file name and choose "Open with..." and select Excel, or the free OpenOffice Calc, and when prompted for the formatting unselect all but tab delimited.

You will have all frequencies in column C and mark its first cell and then left click the last cell while holding Shift and right click and select Copy. Go to Sentinel and make a new conventional department and create a first line that will have a 000.0000 frequency and paste into that frequency field. Sentinel will automaticly create as many rows as needed for all frequencies. Then copy in the same way the A or J column from Excel for the name tag and click on the first channel name in Sentinel and paste. I suggest you then change the delay from 2 to 5 sec and copy that and then mark first and last delay field in that column while holding down shift and then paste that 5 sec delay to all rows.

You can also set all frequencies to priority and select DND priority scan while you scan other systems and if other systems are not too busy it will catch each activity in those Burning man Project. In the profile setting you will have a Miscellaneous tab where you set the number of max channels in priority scan, so set that to cover the number of prio channels you have.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.