FIRE & POLICE IN GETTYSBURG

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
Heading down to Gettysburg this summer, I don’t see any local fire or police listed In RR. Is it all under some statewide system? Encrypted?
I’m using a BCD325P2
Any help would be appreciated

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
They use this P25 System..
Looks like LE is Encrypted.
Additional info available for the area..

Last edited:

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering if the repeater listed for Gettysburg NMP is even accurate. I have *never* heard it, plus it's outside the bandplan for repeater outputs now.

W3DMV

The BCD325P2 is going to be hard pressed. Our system has 21
tower sites jammed into a very small county. It’s hard to stand
anywhere in the county and not see a tower.
I have a G5, SDS100 & SDS200 which work fine and the
others don’t work due to simulcast distortion.

The listed frequency for GNMP in the data base (164.725) is still
in use. 6-8 transmissions today. The activity is rater low
but I still hear activity daily.
I have done extensive searching the past several weeks
looking a a possible second frequency, but nothing
located. If something turns up, I will post...

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
The low amount of activity makes me think that is the input to a repeater in the 169-174 range. If a park as small as Steamtown has a repeater, Gettysburg definately should.

I would search the federal itinerants for a secondary frequency. 163.100, 168.350, 168.7125, 163.7125, etc. Those are commonly in use for tac channels.

For the size of the park and amount of visitors, there should be more traffic. I would imagine the LE Rangers are on SCI-NET with the rest of the county LE.

hill

Premium Subscriber
164.725 is the repeater output and the database here has an input in the 166 Mhz range. I listen to it when at my Dad's house in Adams County and has been noted not really much radio traffic on it. Will be up that way today for my Dad's 78th birthday.

W3DMV

164.725 is the repeater output. The input is 166.275. For the past two months
the. park was closed and there was no LE here. (Chalked the tires at their parking lot
and nobody moved.) There were maintenance people mowing etc. It’s only been since
July 1st, they returned. Big demonstration over the 4th and the frequency was very busy
with LE. The tour center, buses etc are all operated by private companies who have their
own radio frequencies.
Note: Our county dispatch center has a radio on 164.725 for communications with on
duty park rangers. When our 800 Mhz trunked system went on the air, there were no
park units on the system. Perhaps that has changed now. Will try to confirm but most
encrypted units on the system are hard to id.
I have a receiver continuously searching 160-175 Mhz for the past several years and no
activity has been noted other than the two mentioned frequencies listed above. My receiver
is 100 yards from the battlefield so reception should not be a problem...

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
On the above linked TRS, I hear Adams County LE dispatch on TG 10000, and maybe occasionally something on one of the other non-encrypted TGs (Ops 9, 10 or 11).

I don't hear much interesting from GNMP rangers either, and ended up removing the channels.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
I'm wondering if the repeater listed for Gettysburg NMP is even accurate. I have *never* heard it, plus it's outside the bandplan for repeater outputs now.

Yes it is very much accurate. On the listed repeater freq, I hear both repeated and direct comms through out the year. Obviously, I hear more in the summer but it is there all months of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.