AR-DV1 FIRMWARE UPDATE v1812A (BETA) Dec 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

G7HID

Seems to work fine.. I just set up a search on the UHF Airwave base frequencies from 390-395MHz, adjusted the squelch as described. It stops on active speech - although it is encrypted - it passes the audio and displays the time slot..

Mike

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I might be going through New Jersey next week, so I might try it on the Tetra system there.

73 Eric

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Hi Eric, from past experience you seem to be able to find the AR-DV1 Serial Command strings faster than most, lol.

AOR may release them for this new Mode (eventually), however that could take quite a time.

If you find the new commands, could you post them here please. Having dared to be one of the first to bring the DV10's frequency drift problems into the Public Domain, AOR reacted by removing my program details from their web site, and threatening me with legal action. Since then they do not reply to my emails either.

Obviously the old maxims 'Shoot The Messenger' and 'The Truth Hurts' still hold true (sigh), but that does mean I am unlikely to receive any info about the new command strings if I ask AOR.

Despite all that I am delighted that AOR are continuing to support the AR-DV1, especially with a new Mode. It obviously make a lot of commercial sense in the light of the new Icom releases in particular. Tetra 'T' may not thrill DV1 Users all over the Globe, but it definitely will please their European customers, and should also serve to advertise what a wonderful Receiver the AR-DV1 still is, and AOR's continuing support for it..

Thanks

Ubbe

It's 4 timeslots in a tetra carrier. Will the delay of a TG make it follow a conversation when it jumps around the timeslots in the same frequency or will it stay on the same timeslot untill the delay times out and then scan to a new frequency even though the conversation where continuing on the same freqyency but on another timeslot?

I guess the beta stamp means it has no intelligence and needs a lot more work, possible something that will never materialise to let it be a useful tetra scanner as that would require trunk tracking, something that AOR refuse to get into, it's too complicated for them and it will be left in beta state?

/Ubbe

G7HID

It will search and frequency scan, you can select a time slot and that is about it, no talkgroup display or tracking..

Mike

hamradionl

Not all tetra TTC are using trunk over different frequencies (LA) but they only change the slot and GSSi group
Just try fallow a particar slot or GSSi.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I copied the files to a blank SD card and no file name shows up in the firmware update screen. I wonder if it only works for unblocked DV-1 receivers?

I did look at the firmware and saw some unpublished commands.
@L This shows up in the DV-10 firmware as well.
AL
IM should output model information (also in DV-10 firmware)
SN should display a string (also in DV-10 firmware) serial number?
TT string
WF
WR
WV
VL

These look like possible TETRA mode related.
RM
RP number
TE
TS
WE
TY number

Unfortunately I can not try anything and see what it does. Others will have to experiment.

73 Eric

Ubbe

Not all tetra TTC are using trunk over different frequencies....

Tetra are more costly to the extreme than a DMR system so they are only used in operations with high security/availability that must have the system working at all times and it's rare that they rely on only have one carrier frequency at a site so in 90% of times there will be frequency jumping involved at a tetra site.

/Ubbe

hamradionl

Like compliment to AOR being the first stand alone hardware radio receiver who developing active Tetra in BETA-1 stage. This is very promissing development and lets wait BETA-2 stage to bring us the next level in to scanner receiver hardware.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
There are two different files to accommodate two different PCB board versions (features & performance are the same).

For receivers with serial numbers 09523001 and higher, use the firmware with the extension .DV2
For receivers with serial numbers below 09523001, use the firmware with the extension .DV1
For USA customers with serial numbers starting with 09560xxx kindly ask to info@aorusa.com which firmware extension you should use.

As a security feature, the receiver will only display and accept firmware compatible with its PCB board version, however do NOT attempt to change the firmware’s file name or extension! Trying to force an uncompatible firmware update is likely to brick the receiver. This action would not be covered by warranty.

If you want to report a bug, kindly send your receiver's system and memory data (see manual chapter 5.2)
to mail@aorja.com with the subject: AR-DV1 bug report.
Please describe in detail under which condition the problem appears. LCD screenshots or a short video
may also be very helpful. Thanks!

[source] and additional info:
AR-DV1 Firmware Updates | AOR U. S. A., INC.

DeepBlue

I will add the same comment I have added several places now. From the moment I received my DV-1 I have been putting both versions on the card. My radio only sees the correct version so, put them both on your card and see if it sees one or the other. The extension is not shown on my list of available firmware versions on my card. My serial number unit begins with 0956xxxx.

Never had an issue with it not finding the correct version.

S.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if you could fool it by renaming the file extensions, ie: .DV1 to DVx to temporarily hide .DV1 and .DV2 to .DV1 for the radio would at least see the .DV2 file, thinking it was .DV1 However I wouldn't want to try it, what would you really gain? It might open up the cellular bands but I think that would be useless. More likely it might mess with the band width settings for some bands, etc. I wouldn't want to be the first one to brick it! There could also be actual hardware differences.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if you try it and ruin your DV-1, If you do so, it's entirely at your own risk! :eek:

Last edited:

dudekindjack

I finally updated to this version, from version 1601b. And I've noticed that it seems to be more wide banded on digital modes. During a search, and if something was on 460.050 for example, p25 mode, I will pick the signal up on 460.056.25 and 6.25 below 460.050 also (I'm using 6.25 tuning step in my search) .

My radio is a export model, and not a USA version.

scanchs

@dudekindjack,

The latest firmware for the DV-1 is v1903A. It may address some issues that you're seeing in v1812A. I have been using it since it was released early last month and it seems to be a stable version. Just thought you might want to know.

ScanCHS

Status
Not open for further replies.