Fleetnet and programing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCA6YU

King Charles Adam 6 Young Union
Hi all
Have a question about the traffic on the towers. Is it possible to have the same traffic on two different towers? Example, the Ipperwash seems to broadcast London local MOH stuff.

Plus, im using a Pro96, and after putting in the Ipperwash tower, it won't receive anything on Byron, or the Wardsville towers. I don't get it. Im using ARC96 for programing.
Thanks for any info.

Thom

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi all
Have a question about the traffic on the towers. Is it possible to have the same traffic on two different towers? Example, the Ipperwash seems to broadcast London local MOH stuff.

Plus, im using a Pro96, and after putting in the Ipperwash tower, it won't receive anything on Byron, or the Wardsville towers. I don't get it. Im using ARC96 for programing.
Thanks for any info.

Thom

Hi. It is indeed possible to have the same traffic on multiple towers: I.E You can hear the 5charlie and 5Golf traffic on Brittania, Charlton, Fonthill and Niagara Falls.

You can also hear the following Hamilton CACC (Moh) activity on Charlton, Brantford, Cayuga.

I dont know why you arent hearing anything on the towers you are mentioning... are you close enough to those that you can hear a control channel?

KCA6YU

Thanks for the info. Yeah, the London tower is my main one to listen to. But since I put in Ipperwash, just last night, the radio is silent on London. The control channel is loud and clear. One thing I have noticed as of late, ARC96 for some reason, does not put all the frequencies in when you upload from RR. I think I have to do some checking.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I would think that London would be busy.

I am not familiar with your scanner but when I had a 296 on occasion I had a few issues in importing data from the ARC software for this radio.

KCA6YU

LOL, I figured out what I was doin wrong. Motorola systems only need the control channels entered. I was putting all the frequencies in. Just entered the system again, and now it works!! lol I'm to used to the old radios before all this computer programing.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I gave up using the Arc software to program my radios with, especially the 'non-Uniden' models. I found data would be left out or messed up almost every time. If you want to download the 30 day trial of Win96 I can send you my Pro-96 file if you want to tinker any more.

And to your original question, the Ipperwash tower does usually carry traffic from the Lambton side as well as the Middlesex side. You don't usually see London City 1 on Ipperwash, but London West will def be there. You will also see talkgroups from North of the city that Byron doesn't carry, like Huron and Sebringville. I still normally sit on the Byron site though myself.

KCA6YU

Thanks for the offer Forts. I'll take you up on it. I will see what Win96 has to offer. Have you ever tried the Wardsville tower in Strathroy? I seem to be getting traffic from it, but not sure if its the same stuff im hearing on Ipperwash yet.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
LOL, I figured out what I was doin wrong. Motorola systems only need the control channels entered. I was putting all the frequencies in. Just entered the system again, and now it works!!

It should have worked with all the channels for the site in as well.

The scanner just looks for a control channel among all the channels and uses it.

If you've got all the channels in, you don't need to set Control Channel Only on your scanner.

One advantage to having all the channels in and not using Control Channel Only is it reduces falsing. A bogus control channel decode will not send your scanner to a false channel since it will only use the channels you've entered.

KCA6YU

I thought I had it right the first time, but wrong. So what I did was put two towers in one bank, and now it works! I still don't get it, lol.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thanks for the offer Forts. I'll take you up on it. I will see what Win96 has to offer. Have you ever tried the Wardsville tower in Strathroy? I seem to be getting traffic from it, but not sure if its the same stuff im hearing on Ipperwash yet.

I don't normally bother with the Wardsville site. Last I checked it didn't seem to carry a lot of traffic, mainly Elgin & Chatham Kent and the odd EMS talkgroup as units passed thru the area on the 401.

Also... I have multiple towers sites in the same bank on my Pro-96. I find that the radio typically just stops on the strongest control channel and will sit on it until it loses it or you force it to move along. More than once I would find it wandering off to the Ipperwash site, so I would have to lock it out so it would stay on the Byron tower.

Send me PM with your email address and I will send you my .p96 file.

Status
Not open for further replies.