Fleetnet zone 1 = wrong freq in tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
hey there,

figured out the NACS for Hamilton, Peel and Fonthill towers = but for some reason the frequency listed
in the Toronto tower group 152.000 is coming through with the Peel Nac, Possible this freq is from the Peel tower on Brittannia and not Toronto. the towers proximity is rather close to have the same frequencies?

cheers

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I dont know what Nacs are but 152.000 is a frequency on Mowat and has been since July 2005. Brittiania and any other tower you mentioned dont use this tower.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
152.0000 is a confirmed Toronto tower frequency... nobody else in zone 1 uses this frequency

on some radios/setups i have noticed a very annoying constant interfearance/static on this frequency when not in use for Fleetnet. At times I have had to just lock out the whole tower and rely on other towers (brittania) etc. Maybe its possible the NAC your getting is from interfearance from something else.

DaveH

hey there,

figured out the NACS for Hamilton, Peel and Fonthill towers = but for some reason the frequency listed
in the Toronto tower group 152.000 is coming through with the Peel Nac, Possible this freq is from the Peel tower on Brittannia and not Toronto. the towers proximity is rather close to have the same frequencies?

cheers

Are you sure you're actually picking up 152.000 i.e. are your custom tables programmed for
range 2 as well as range 1? Some people hand-program only the first range in, and get away
with it, except in cases like this. That said, I'm not sure what frequency you'd be picking
up, as extending range 1 up would put the channel number for 152.000 somewhere in the
low end of the 2m amateur band.

Dave

mciupa

extending range 1 up would put the channel number for 152.000 somewhere in the low end of the 2m amateur band.

Dave

Yes, when I owned a Pro-2096, if you did not have the extended tables programmed ,152.000 would show up as 144.27 in range 1.

SCPD

QRT

everything is in order, this frequency is coming through with the mississauga NAC on a motorola radio, no static, no noise and and the rest of the conversation is coming through on the other miss freqs - so i know its coming through the tower,

try putting it in conventionally and you will hear mississauga conversations that are trunking with other
brittannia freqs.

who knows maybe Toronto MOWAT is using the NACS as Mississauga?

Yes, when I owned a Pro-2096, if you did not have the extended tables programmed ,152.000 would show up as 144.27 in range 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.