BCD436HP/BCD536HP: For those thinking about buying a 436

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have been using the 436HP for a bit and my thoughts remain the same.

I will admit that I monitor an Edacs system almost exclusively so that is tried and true. The performance is good as would be expected.

The big thing for me .. it honestly, the Alert Light that honestly is a waste of time. It never comes on .. holding on a channel / talkgroup nothing. Holding on a department .. nothing. The only time it seems to work is when scanning. And then .. only when it changes talkgroups not on each transmission.

It should be like the GRE scanners .. make the freaking light come on for each transmission that it is programmed on. Battery life is not an issue anymore. The batteries and charging systems are so much better than in the past .. this is a non issue now.

But one of my issues is the TINY Unit ID info .. and I do not need to express my disappointment how hard it is to read, though upping to contrast to the max does help.

I cannot imagine how this did not come up in testing .. and if it did, Uniden made a bad decision to really make one of the features of the radio next to useless.

But overall .. I am happy with the radio. In fact .. I think that I will let it sit on my desk .. as really I am not sure why I bought it. I really didn't need it .. but I do like the recall / record feature. Other than that .. really nothing new to write home about.

Status
Not open for further replies.