Fort Worth Digital System - FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

6520tkp

Why can't I receive?

I am still having a problem receiving North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, Haltom City and Watauga.

I just about about have to go outside city limits to receive and when I do it is full scale using the original antenna, no external antenna.

In Irving, Tx. it is full scale but driving in town Mid Cities Blvd., Davis Blvd. etc. it is silence.

My larsen Tri Bander is useless now.

It is (Backwards) I can not receive mobile while in town.

This is annoying and fustrating any suggestions?

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
The only luck I've had is using a yagi antenna at home and work.

In the car, well I just can't hear the same channels anymore with the current Uniden scanners. You might try using less antenna in the car. Take the antenna off all together. Some people have reported using a paper clip.

I am still having a problem receiving North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, Haltom City and Watauga.

I just about about have to go outside city limits to receive and when I do it is full scale using the original antenna, no external antenna.

In Irving, Tx. it is full scale but driving in town Mid Cities Blvd., Davis Blvd. etc. it is silence.

My larsen Tri Bander is useless now.

It is (Backwards) I can not receive mobile while in town.

This is annoying and fustrating any suggestions?

KD5HM

Premium Subscriber
Fix for Bad Reception of NRHW P25 Talkgroups?

Same problem as noted by others in Watauga now, virtually no reception for the North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, Haltom City and Watauga talkgroups. I obtained a Pro-106 after this group moved to the P25 Fort Worth Regional System, got the scanner programmed and working right. On this P25 system the signal strength is good, but the audio pools blurb in and out, except for brief moments when the antenna is held and pointed just right.

I updated the Pro-106 firmware, and tried different settings and suggestions mentioned in the thread and elsewhere, including the settings in the advanced mode, inserted a step attenuator between the antenna and radio, tried a paper clip antenna and a sliding section antenna at various lengths, all to no avail. I checked the specs, and the radio claims to receive APCO 25 multi-site CGPSK traffic.

Before building a yagi and trying it out as a last ditch attempt with the directional antenna approach, has anyone found the secret sauce needed to receive this P25 system within its coverage area?

Status
Not open for further replies.