FreeScan 0.9M

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcr33

Version 9L lasted only a few hours. 9M seems to working well and is smooth.
Another excellent job with quick response from Aasaf.

cpuerror

.9L was around for about 5 days or so, but a bug popped up with custom band plans, figured I would get it fixed. That's the only difference between the two though so I didn't bother making a big deal about it.

pathalogical

If I could jump in...I have a bc246t and just today I received my USB-1 cable, downloaded the driver from Uniden site, went well and shows as COM 5. I downloaded FreeScan 0.9M today and said I needed to install the .NET framework from Microsoft. I have Windows XP, SP 3. I did so, and several minutes later, it finished successfully and I re-started my pc. I then double clicked FreeScan and it prompted me to download the .NET stuff again. What do I do ?

MarkWestin

I seem to be having a problem with the two latest versions (L and M). When I save my systems ("File - Save", or "File - Save As") it is taking an exceptionally long time to write everything to disk. It is taking much longer to write to disk than it takes to write everything to the scanner. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Mark

MarkWestin

The Data is being saved to the default location on drive C. That said, the drive is a Adaptec 1420SA based Raid 10 using four 36 GB Raptor drives. The file is 856 KB. The drive has 6.77 GB free. This is a Windows XP Pro system. Could my Firewall (Comodo) or my Antivirus (Avast) be interfering? Thanks for your help.

Mark

cpuerror

The Data is being saved to the default location on drive C. That said, the drive is a Adaptec 1420SA based Raid 10 using four 36 GB Raptor drives. The file is 856 KB. The drive has 6.77 GB free. This is a Windows XP Pro system. Could my Firewall (Comodo) or my Antivirus (Avast) be interfering? Thanks for your help.

Mark

It just saves the file to disk, so I'm not really sure whats going on. Shouldn't take more then 2 seconds. If this happens with just that specific file, then perhaps you could try uploading it to the scanner, starting a new file and then redownloading it to recreate the file.

Last edited:

js_scan888

I started using FreeSCAN with version 0.9H and 0.9I.
Sometimes I do see this problem when trying to save a file. It will sit there about 20 seconds when trying to write the file.

I just downloaded and installed version 0.9M to see if I could recreate the problem. I went into the Virtual Scanner mode, and was doing a custom search. Somehow the program stopped updating the screen and I couldn't control the scanner anymore. I then selected Options, and Exit, and then pressed the Close button. I tried saving the file I had loaded earlier, and got the long delay when trying to save the file. After the file was saved, I exited the FreeSCAN program.

Once the problem occurs, everytime time you start the FreeSCAN program and try to save a file, you will get the long delay. I think something in Windows or .NET 2.0 gets messed up. The only way to correct the problem is to reboot the machine. After rebooting, the FreeSCAN program is back to normal. No more long delays when saving a file.

cpuerror

Might try lowering the baud rate. A lot of people have it set to 115200 but given that the scanner could never come close to actually using that much bandwidth it's about as productive as putting 19" wheels on a Kia. I normally use 57600 and find it works fine at that speed.You could try that or even a lower speed.

I started using FreeSCAN with version 0.9H and 0.9I.
Sometimes I do see this problem when trying to save a file. It will sit there about 20 seconds when trying to write the file.

I just downloaded and installed version 0.9M to see if I could recreate the problem. I went into the Virtual Scanner mode, and was doing a custom search. Somehow the program stopped updating the screen and I couldn't control the scanner anymore. I then selected Options, and Exit, and then pressed the Close button. I tried saving the file I had loaded earlier, and got the long delay when trying to save the file. After the file was saved, I exited the FreeSCAN program.

Once the problem occurs, everytime time you start the FreeSCAN program and try to save a file, you will get the long delay. I think something in Windows or .NET 2.0 gets messed up. The only way to correct the problem is to reboot the machine. After rebooting, the FreeSCAN program is back to normal. No more long delays when saving a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.