FreeScan

pb_lonny

I am using FreeScan to program my UBCD325P2. I am finding that the alert pattern (slow flash) is not coming across on any channels. I am manually adding this on the scanner itself after each time I push my config, but not having to do this would be great.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
FreeScan is no longer supported or updated officially, so bug issues with the software aren't going to be addressed. I would recommend using a different programming software like ProScan.

pb_lonny

If nothing else free exists, I will keep using Freescan and fix the few "issues" as I find them.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Quite right. The author abandoned this long ago, and we have a list of the issues in our wiki. It's a shame as it had a lot of potential. Just go get ProScan - and the author of that app is on this site, so support is easy

Mike

freqseeker

Is the laptop running in Windows S mode? This restricts you to Microsoft app store downloads only. You can turn this off.
Switching out of Windows S mode
I have never seen the warning you have. I have a "more options" selection as Bob said. This makes me think it's in safe mode.
I would think this would stop Freescan also. Just a thought.

pb_lonny

I don't have control over the device or security policy. If it does not work with the current settings, I can't change it.

Freescan works fine.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I don't have control over the device or security policy. If it does not work with the current settings, I can't change it.

Freescan works fine.
We'll leave it at that. I suspect Freescan was installed prior to the Win Defender settings changed.