Frontier Days/WY ANG Open House

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
[FONT=&quot]I'm posting this in the Colorado Forums because I saw more license plates from Colorado vs. Wyoming. I just wish they would come up with another idea for the show. Everyone views the T-Birds from the north through power lines... Not the best for taking pics :roll:
[/FONT]

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
[FONT=&quot]The F-16 is from Buckley AFB. It has a special paint job to memorialize the Minute Men of 56'[/FONT]

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Great pictures Erik, thanks for posting, especially for those of us unable to attend today.

Jim<

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Heck no... I think the F-16 is one of the loudest jets..... =) Even the B-1 with FOUR burners lit wasn't that loud.

cstockmyer

Well you know what they say. They make them loud and beautiful, because it's the last thing some people ever see and hear lol.

I was there today, 4th year for me going. It's true of what Erik said about the power lines, there is no way of getting around them when you watch from the campus.

Also really great pictures.

evilklown

exellent picture erik thanks for sharing. Even though there loud i think they sound awsome that rumbling sound when they zoom by..

evilklown

I was going to also ask i dont know a whole lot about jets or anything but on the second picture down on the second post the buckley jet what is that Oragne cone shape with like the loop and has the red tag hanging whats that for anyone know, there is also it looks like one by the memorial one that says there names?
Thanks

cstockmyer

evilklown said:
I was going to also ask i dont know a whole lot about jets or anything but on the second picture down on the second post the buckley jet what is that Oragne cone shape with like the loop and has the red tag hanging whats that for anyone know, there is also it looks like one by the memorial one that says there names?
Thanks

The red tag is there to protect certain parts of the aircraft that can be broken easy. They are also there for people in the ground to be aware of the parts, so they don't walk into them. Most of thoes flags say remove before flight, but it would not be the first time a fly boy got antsy and took off with on still on and wondered why his avionics where all red flagged.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The big red one in the Picture is covering the AOA Probe. =) the second pin I have no clue what its purpose in life is....

evilklown

Thanks Erik and Charles i was just curious what they were, thanks for the post's sorry for the odd ball question hehe...
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.