Ft Devens - Range Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost8546

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have the current freqs for the south post range control ? Did they go digital ? Any other freqs on the main base ?

ecps92

Your listening pleasure might have to be right on-base or close-by as the signals don't carry to far, like they did in the ole days.

Much of the Base has gone P25 and with new units moving in, there is still much more to be found , altho rumors of the analog still in use. ?

I'd suggest spending sometime in the search mode for
138-144 / 148-150.8 / 162-174

Years ago some 406-420 was posted as the Base MP's but never validated. The only 406-420 found will be the P25 TRS for the FBoP, unless someone is visiting and using the Range :)

Post back what you have found or do find.

Anyone have the current freqs for the south post range control ? Did they go digital ? Any other freqs on the main base ?

garys

Premium Subscriber
On my last trip out there, in the fall, it appeared they were still using analog, and low band to boot. Motorola portables with long antennas that said Low Band to me. At least that's what the range master out where I was had.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
From the Worcester Co DB: Range Control on 140.0875, Police on 138.700, both P25. Units often have their own VHF or UHF portables for internal use. The 38.85 freq is still used for tactical comms. The Army DPW uses Nextel.

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
Devens has dumped their Lo-Band, and moved to VHF P25. PD and Range control. All military operations on the base are P25. The opposite side of the base, is patrolled by Mass State Police and protected by Devens Fire Department, and MedStar ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.